This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Kubota

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Joe Shaffer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Kubota

Postby Joe Shaffer » Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:17 am

Does anyone have an opinion on Kubota tractors?? I'm to look at a B8200 with a 60 inch belly mounted mower, asking price $4,500. Seller claims he doesn't know the year but the hour meter shows only 288 hours. I see Kubotas around but have never discussed them with anyone. Thanks for any input, Joe.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:10 am

I've never had any dealings with a Kubota personally, but do know several people that do or have owned them. All of them liked there performance. Also all of them said getting parts was a real problem.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Fri Nov 12, 2004 9:18 am

I have no experience with Kubota but they seem to have a good reputation.

My book shows 7 different versions of the B8200. I assume the serial plate will show a specific model, such as "B8200DT-2" Depending on the version, they were made from 81-95. Serial lists vary by model and seem to be incomplete in my book. If you get the exact model and serial I might be able to look up the year.

Dave in Md
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Dave in Md » Tue Nov 23, 2004 1:11 pm

We have a L3550 (I think) on the farm. It's about 10-12 years old now. Has 4wd, 8 fwd, 2 rev, shuttle shift, and is used as the light duty/utility tractor. Bush hogs, seed drill, and wagon duty are the primary tasks. For ease of operation I like the Kubota over the old Massey 175 or 185 and even over the 7700 Blue Power Special (guess who made that one). All around though, the 7700 has my vote out of this bunch, but it is in a different working class. I can't compare it to the new T90 (another blue one) because my nephew never lets anybody elses rear close to the seat! The only problem that's been had with the Kubota has been electrical. The shop has put who-knows-how-many solenoids on it and hours of work on the remainder of the starting electrics but it has never gotten 'correct'. Today, you get one, maybe 2 starts a day with the key switch. Otherwise ya grab the "U" shaped piece of #10 wire out of the tool box and lean down to the solenoid with the 'jumper key' in hand. A few other folk I know with Kubota's have not had these problems so it may be that this is one of those Monday tractors. All in all, I really like this Kubota. It's a work horse. I've done things with this tractor that I wouldn't have dreamed of doing with the Ford 861 I had (similar wgt & pwr).
Parts haven't been an issue so far (Western Md area) even when the rear end was cracked open due to one of those "it's only a small area, I'll just pull the bush hog over this" moments. It was back in service in a week with a whole new casting between the rear tires.
Oh, almost forgot... It does have a tendency to ooze lubricant from the front drives after a fair amount of road travel. Like several trips back and forth about a mile down the road to a rented hay/straw barn.
For what it's worth, I hope this info helps.
Dave

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”