This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

IH Loaders

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

IH Loaders

Postby Paul_NJ » Thu Oct 21, 2004 9:43 pm

I just bought my second tractor, an International 340 Utility. My intention was to find a tractor with sufficient power, hydraulics, and power steering, to be able to handle a full hydraulics loader. It needs a little work, but I think it will work out fine. The challenge will be to fix it up without making it into another 2 year restoration like the 51 Cub turned out to be. I need to use this one.

So now I am looking for the loader. I've heard several IH loader's discussed, IH-2000, 1700, 1500. There may be others. Does anyone know what the differences are and what might be most appropriate for this tractor? Anyone have any suggestions on other loaders that might fit? Anyone have any 340 experiences you could share? I really have been spoiled by the resources and expertise of so many on this site for the Cub. It's going to be alot tougher with this one.

Thanks

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Matt Kirsch
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 14559
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Matt Kirsch » Mon Nov 08, 2004 8:53 pm

Different models of loaders are meant for different series of tractors. The loaders could also be from different time periods as well, depending on the model numbers.

As to what loader would fit on the 340, I haven't a clue. Best I can do is tell you that a 2000 ain't gonna fit. Way too big, too big even for an M, IMHO. Minimum I'd put it on is a 460, sticking with the same era as your 340.

parts man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby parts man » Tue Nov 09, 2004 8:08 pm

I believe the loader IH provided for a 340 was a Wagner. Not sure of the model #.
V.P. of T.S.A. (taking stuff apart)

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”