This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Found a Speedex Tractor

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Found a Speedex Tractor

Postby BigBill » Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:35 am

I get side tracked all the time. I'm going in one direction and something different comes along. I found a Speedex tractor with an 8hp briggs engine. It has large AG tires on the rear. Its kind of funny looking but its old I guess.

I'm not having buyers remorse but i have no clue as to why i purchased it. I'm on the fence about keeping it or selling it....
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Found a Speedex Tractor

Postby Eugene » Thu Jul 03, 2008 12:22 pm

Standard Catalog of Farm Tractors. Pond Garden Tractor Company began using the
Speedex garden tractor name in 1935. The Speedex Model B was fitted with a B&S Model ZZ engine. No illustrations of earliest machines located.
I have an excuse. CRS.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jul 04, 2008 10:09 am

Its a very early speedex. The hood is rounded with a sceeen and the briggs engine slides on the frame to tighten the belt and its operated from your right foot pedal. To me its a very hard tractor to drive and use when compared to the later 60's tractors. Its really early small farm technology for sure. These were the first riding tractors(garden tractors). But i can't imagine using this machine all day.. I guess there's stuff missing on it. I may upgrade it or restore it as close to orginal as i can. Having electric start and a decent brake would be ok too.

Many years ago i was into the walk behind gravely tractors and had many 6.6hp, & 7.6hp, "L" and "LI" plus the best gravely was the "L8" (8 speed). The old L head orginal gravely's were the best. While they were loud and had a lot of valve noise i really enjoyed them.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:59 pm

I just found some video's of the speedex on You Tube.

Don't forget to checkout the cub cadet video's on You tube too besides the farmall's too.

crowman2
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby crowman2 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 2:54 pm

I have one too just like yours! Yellow rims red tractor in color engine slides on the frame, I have a mower deck, and a front snow plow and snow chains also. Very basic machine when I lived in town I used the tractor to plow my driveway about 30 ft. The snow plow worked ok it beat shoveling by hand! Have fun with it!

Marc

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Mon Jul 21, 2008 4:23 pm

I been wanting to build a Gibson type tractor for a while now. I have two wisconsin AEN engines and the electric start for one. I just want it for ha's ha's to drive around. I do have a 1053 bolens hi/low tranny with the clutch setup.

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby BigBill » Tue Aug 05, 2008 7:12 pm

I just seen my speedex tractor on ebay for $750....

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”