This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Caaarrrrrrrlllll !!!!!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Caaarrrrrrrlllll !!!!!

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 8:30 am

Carl:

I know that you likes all things Gravely.. so I imagine that also includes Ariens.

Do you know what a BBC Wrench is :?: :?: :big say what:

I have searched the net for a BBC Wrench , and all I come up with is the British Broadcasting Corp... duhhhh :!: :big give up:

Upon reading the manual in which I found this term... Ariens Walk Behind lawn Mower Service Manual for Models 911044 etc., I came across this term.

It seems to me that it would be a TLA for Blade Brake Clutch Wrench.. would this be correct :?:

And.. what the heck does it look like? Image. Gord has a problem with the Traction Drive Pulley.. we need to pull this thing off.. and apparently a BBC is something we need to assist us.. in removal of the blade.

HELP :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685

Postby Lurker Carl » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:15 am

Sorry, Rudi, I'm not familiar with Ariens machines. All Gravelys manufactured since 2003 are simply rebadged Ariens and that type of business deal doesn't leave me feeling all warm and fuzzy.

The Ariens manual server seems to have been shut down, it won't let me access their manuals. Arrrrgh!

I would assume the Brake Blade Clutch wrench is designed to fit an odd sized fastener located in a narrow space. Gravely used several such speciality wrenches which could be replicated by milling off-the-shelf tools to the proper dimensions. Perhaps you could examine or borrow the wrench from a local repair shop, or the mechanic knows a trick to replacing that part without using a speciality wrench.

Best of luck, let me know how y'all make out with it.
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Apr 01, 2008 10:31 am

Carl:

Okey dokey. Figured it would be something like that. Dealer only.. hard to find.

I dislike rebadged stuff too.. MTD is full of it.. I do not much care for their stuff at all. The older equipment was reasonable.. but the newer stuff.. you can't tell one from the other without the paint schemes.

Will try and find one. Thanks again..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”