This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Allis Chalmers Roto Balers!

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
1835wayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Allis Chalmers Roto Balers!

Postby 1835wayne » Sun Mar 09, 2008 11:19 pm

I am having a roto baler given to me, so if anyone has any info ar experience with one, I would appreciate it.
"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." (Mark Twain)

"The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum ." Havelock Ellis 1859-1939

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon Mar 10, 2008 9:11 am

Wayne,

My experience growing up with one of those turkeys was all bad. One of the most tempermental machines ever built. Some days I would bust my butt, constantly on and off the tractor, and maybe get 100 bales done. Other days that sucker would never miss a beat and you could bale several hundred. Go figure!

One summer (college job) I was working for what is now the Farm Service Agency. I stopped to see a farmer who happened to be trying to bale with one of those demons. Things were not going well and he was frustrated and asked me if I knew anything about the baler. "A little," I said. I told him to get on the tractor and make a bale. The baler spit out a bale before it was half done. I told him to make one more. Same thing. I then told him what to do to get to the problem and that if he took this one piece apart he would find a spring in at least two pieces. Sure enough, he found the spring in three pieces. He spun around and asked "Do you want a job?" My response was a harty laugh.

So Wayne, you couldn't chase me fast enough to give me the baler.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:23 pm

I'll take it!!!----I have a good one here,----except the belts are worn out!! There are several tricks and adjustments that have to be correct,---and no I don't have a manual for one!---Old Allis-Chalmers man taught me how to bale 1400 bales a day with one behind a wd! ----I only had a super MD farmall without lpto and I could put out a good number of big bales in a day with it! --NO brag just facts!-- I have pics of one field of bales that I did!
The round bales are interesting to handle, but after you learn the process, it's easy! thanks; sonny

1835wayne
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby 1835wayne » Mon Mar 10, 2008 5:32 pm

So I can bale it without PTO???? INTERESTING! 8) Tell me more!
"Always acknowledge a fault. This will throw those in authority off their guard and give you an opportunity to commit more." (Mark Twain)

"The place where optimism most flourishes is the lunatic asylum ." Havelock Ellis 1859-1939

Ike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 66801
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
1951 Cub
1938 MH 101
1949 MH 44
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Ike » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:19 pm

Sonny wrote:I only had a super MD farmall without lpto

1835wayne wrote:So I can bale it without PTO???? INTERESTING! 8) Tell me more!

You missed the l in lpto as in "Live PTO". :)

Ike

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Mon Mar 10, 2008 7:41 pm

Thanks Ike!!----Yes you gotta have a pto!!---just don't need to be a live power take off!----I'm not sure if ac offered the roto with an engine mounted on the hitch or not!----Maybe someone has a copy of the sales brochure, or owners manual that would show this option, IF available at the time! thanks; sonny