This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Would this replace a Cub?

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Would this replace a Cub?

Postby LiL' Red » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:47 pm

Now this is a real snowblower! 454 cu in Chevy.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:52 pm

Only for very limited things. :shock:

This might be more useful... it can pull things with all those Briggs engines all working together. 8)

Last edited by George Willer on Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

boldpsi
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13104
Tractors Owned: 1979 IH Cub - 253598

Postby boldpsi » Wed Feb 20, 2008 1:59 pm

LiL'

get good gas mileage, maybe, one driveway to the gallon?! now that's a snow-blower-and-a-half!! i bet it's handy in a blizzard ;^)

:jeep:

dave
boldpsi@windstream.net
1979 International Cub, rebuilt motor 1997; 5' Woods belly mower, C22 5' sickle-bar mower, 193 -bottom land plow, IH 54A push-plow/grader, heavy-duty chains, loaded tires, wheel weights. Original red commemorative paint.

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:27 pm

If that blower is the one with the car axle diffy in the front, ---the snow wont feed into the augers, and the thing just bogs down! (I seen vids of it running), and YES a CUB would outdo it hands down, no contest!!--(seriously!--not jokin' here!!) thanks; sonny

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:37 pm

Snowblower? Use a snow cannon:

"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

LiL' Red
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61423
eBay ID: woodpecker56

Postby LiL' Red » Wed Feb 20, 2008 5:34 pm

SONNY wrote:If that blower is the one with the car axle diffy in the front, ---the snow wont feed into the augers, and the thing just bogs down! (I seen vids of it running), and YES a CUB would outdo it hands down, no contest!!--(seriously!--not jokin' here!!) thanks; sonny

Don't know if it's the same one or not, just got it as an email, thought I would have a little fun on the board. Probably worthless as t.ts on a rainbarrel but I bet it sounds GOOD!

SONNY
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61722

Postby SONNY » Wed Feb 20, 2008 8:39 pm

YA!!!--the guy that made it just wanted something to go out in his driveway at 4:00 am and make noise to p o the neighbors off with!!---Don't think it did much for that either!----He put an awful lot of time and money into making the thing,--it's hydro drive like skid-loaders and has a BUNCH of fancy gear installed on it!---He just bombed out on the blower end!!--too bad, too! thanks; sonny

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Mon Feb 25, 2008 9:24 am

Lurker Carl wrote:Snowblower? Use a snow cannon:

"GRAVELY" one of the best snowblowers and garden tillers I have ever used. There's nothing light duty about a gravely. They also had the best quick change system for changing attachments too. I could go from tilling to snowblowing to plowing in minutes with one 3/4" wrench. I'm surprised no one ever copied there system. Its so easy to use. BigBill

BTW; The orginal gravely "L" engine was awesome too with its long stroke it had plenty of torque. Just the sound of the mag and the valves was awesome too. :wink:
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Feb 25, 2008 6:26 pm

I have a neighbor that was trying to start a company making a tractor just like the gravely only up to modern standards and safety. I saw his prototype 2 yrs ago and it was real nice. All the implements were hydraulic drive as was the wheels too. And no tools were needed to change. The implement somehow snapped into the tractor and picked up the hydraulic connections at the same time. Its was a real quick change system. Safety was built into the handles like non I've seen before. Simply touching the grips allowed pressure to run the implement. Let go and the machine would stop moving and the implement would stop turning. The mower spindles where hydraulic motors. I mean this guy really thought it out and it was made of stainless steel too!!!
My guess is it probably would cost too much to make such a quality product since it would obviously last forever and work so well.

BTW I bought a Gravely stump grinder off this guy. It is a custom attachment he makes for the Gravely.

Baydog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 54017

Gravely Tractors

Postby Baydog » Mon Feb 25, 2008 10:35 pm

The dumbest thing I ever done was to sell the Gravely Tractor that I got from my Dad. He had 3 ea over his lifetime and we finally made him get rid of the 2nd one because he had a heart attack while using it. The 3rd was a riding one that replaced that one. It had a 48" mower, a snowblower and a push blade. When you put chains on that tractor you couldn't stop it. The biggest problem that Gravely had was that they couldn't keep dealers in business because there was so little service needed and they didn't wear out. There was only one dealer in the State of Minnesota for years. I was at the dealer one day getting parts and I was talking to a gentleman that was a Park maintance supervisor and he told me it was the only tractor he could put a kid on for the whole summer and the kid couldn't break it. Don
49 Cub
2910 Kubota
IH Collectors - Wisconsin Chapter #4

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”