IH 140

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.

Moderator: Team Cub

Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.

IH 140

Postby Catfish » Sat Feb 28, 2004 12:56 pm

I'm looking at an IH 140 with a mott mower. It's in pretty good shape and runs very well. The rear tires are only about 20% though. He wants $2500.00 for it, which I think is a pretty good deal. Just wondering what y'all thought. Thanks.
CatfishImage
Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Bigdog » Sat Feb 28, 2004 5:57 pm

Catfish, I helped a friend change the seals on a final drive on a 140 yesterday. He has had his 3 years and says it is great. I think he gave $3500 for the tractor, a 5 foot Woods mower and a single point blade.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com
Bigdog
Team Cub
Team Cub

Zip Code: 43154
Circle of Safety Award
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Catfish » Sat Feb 28, 2004 7:33 pm

Thanks Bigdog, This one was sitting under a tarp at a farm we went to buy hay from. When I asked about it, he said he would sell it and went and found the key, before you could hear the starter whine the engine was running and sounded good! I have been looking for an A or Super A but I don't mind moving up into the '60s. :D
CatfishImage
Catfish
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Merlin » Sat Feb 28, 2004 9:38 pm

About $2500.00 seems like a good price. I'm going again tomorrow to look at one with a fresh engine overhaul, a bush-hog, and a rear tool bar with a set of ridgers for that price. It also has a fast-hitch. I don't want to go that price and he doesn't seem like he wants to come off it, so I may not get it. But he is in the right price range.
Merlin
CubPro Emeritus

eBay ID: merlin582

Return to Other Tractors and Machinery