This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Red Chief Corn Grinder

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Virginia Mike
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 24095
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub
'49 JD "B"
'79 JD 2040
'50 DB "Garden Tractor"
'52 DB "Super Power"
'56 DB "Big 5"
'62 DB "Super 600"
'37 McCormick Deering "LA" engine

Red Chief Corn Grinder

Postby Virginia Mike » Thu Aug 09, 2007 11:22 am

Recently aquired a small corn grinder to crack the corn I planted for the wife's chickens. ( Got to have an excuse to use the Cub even if it cost three times as much to raise feed as to buy it.)
It had a hand crank, but it has a wheel for a 2" flat belt. I soon had it running with a leather belt I got at a farm sale.
It has a gate to control the amount of grain going into the burrs on one side but no indication of the direction it is suppose to turn. It seems to grind either way.
Does anyone have any idea how to tell without taking it apart?
I have it running clockwise looking at the drive pulley now. This is the most natural way the belt comes off the Cub drive.
Any ideas?
Best,
Mike

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”