This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

JD 345

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
annaillinois
10+ Years
10+ Years

JD 345

Postby annaillinois » Mon Aug 06, 2007 1:58 pm

I have a JD 345 that I have to choke to get to start , even when the engine is warm. It also surges and will not idel at low rpm's, Can anyone help me out a bit.

Terry

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

TexCub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 77316
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby TexCub » Mon Aug 06, 2007 3:09 pm

I can't find the exact post I'm looking for at the moment, but from what I've heard others say it would sound like air/fuel mix. Have you searched the forums for possible threads that may have symptoms similar to what you have? But I know I've seen a thread in recent weeks that talked a lot about the air to fuel ratio. Sorry I'm no help!
53 Cub, C-2 mower, grader blade, cultivators, & a few plows

Lurker Carl
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 16685
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Lurker Carl » Mon Aug 06, 2007 5:11 pm

I've had similar problems with a generator and a snowblower with Tecumseh carburetors.

If they get ANY water in the idle circuit, corrosion will fuse the small movable parts together. The manufacturer has designed this particular carburetor so that system is not rebuildable, the carburetor must be replaced unless you're willing to try and repair/fabricate those pieces. Those little boogers were about $80 each 5 years ago.

Here's a link to some helpful advice from a similar forum: http://www.perr.com/forum/viewtopic.php?p=540&sid=f6724e7fa431174428d9d491e3f13377 "Ron in Parma" and "TMan" detail the situation, near the bottom of the thread.

Regardless of carburetor brand, you have goop in the fuel system. Clean out the gas tank, clean/repair/replace the fuel lines, rebuild the carburetor. Don't deviate from this order unless you want to clean out the carburetor again and again!
"Chance favors the prepared mind."
- Louis Pasteur

"In character, in manners, in style, in all things, the supreme excellence is simplicity."
- Henry Wadsworth Longfellow

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”