This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ford lgt

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
aceofspade
10+ Years
10+ Years

ford lgt

Postby aceofspade » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:34 am

has any one had any experiance with these tractors i can get an old lgt 120 and a newer lgt not sure of the model but it has an 18 horse kohler and its a hydro. i need a strong tractor that will pull a decent amount of weight and move trailors around where the truck wont fit. any insite will be great

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

junkman1946
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby junkman1946 » Wed Jun 27, 2007 7:57 pm

Had 2 in my lifetime. One was a true garden tractor,horizontal shaft 16 h.p. Kohler,shaft drive, Peerless(i think) Hydro. It was made for Ford by Textron. Virually indistructable. Pull a house, The other was a Ford made by Sperry Rand, more of a riding lawnmower type but still a strong piece of equipment. Seems that LG equipment made for Ford was good quality. Frank
1948 Cub F,1962 Original,1971 C.C.model86, WheelHorse and C.C. mini pulling tractors, C.C. models1450 , 682,106,123, Ariens GT17 with loader,Jacobsen Powermax loader and backhoe 8 more Cub Cadets in the shed waiting to go under the knife and spray gun.

Kodiak
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 30543
Tractors Owned: 1948 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Kodiak » Fri Jul 06, 2007 12:22 pm

I have my Grandfathers Ford LGT 120 and I have to agree with Junkman it was made by Ford and was a workhorse. It's in pretty rough shape right now but I have a plan to get it restored for my future Grandson. From what I have seen the Ford versions by Textron were pretty tough little tractors.

Ron
I bought an old tractor all dusty and worn,
knew nothing about her just the year she was born
I washed her and greased her and painted her red
Now she lives happily right here in my shed.

HOME of THE STONETHROW CUBFEST
2007 Cub Tug Champion

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”