This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Draining Calcium

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
prjones
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 08848
Tractors Owned: 58 Cub
59 Loboy
73 Cub blue&orange
107 Cub Cadet
IH 340 Utility
Kubota L3800
Gravely 566
Circle of Safety: Y

Draining Calcium

Postby prjones » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:05 am

Is it possible to drain calcium from tractor tires or is this a job for a pro?
All hat and no cattle.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sun Jun 24, 2007 10:25 am

With the valves at the bottom you can remove the cores and get most of it out. Do this on a gravel driveway away from your grass. There are several threads on this in the archives. If you plug calcium into the search feature it will give you several links.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Brent
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 93510

Postby Brent » Mon Jun 25, 2007 8:51 am

:? :? I had new tires put on my Cub at a Goodyear store and like Bigdog mentioned the guy took them over to a gravel part of the driveway and drained them. And this is California. He said it's just salt and as long as you don't want to plant anything there it's fine. Don't think California's environmental police would agree with him.
Always try the easiest thing first.

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Mon Jun 25, 2007 9:27 am

I doubt CA would approve either. I've drained a lot of tires in my stone driveway with only one problem. Any runoff can cause severe damage to trees. A few years ago I drained 8 11-38 tires and caused a couple nice Austrian Pines to lose all their needles. They eventually recovered but just a couple Cub tires last fall was enough to nearly kill one of the same ones. It may not make it this time.

The calcium does help keep dust down. They sometimes add a little (expensive) calcium to the road salt here when it's very cold so Ohio doesn't consider it an environmental issue.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jun 26, 2007 2:04 am

I just drained the calcium from "Bob" saturday. I removed the cores as big dog stated and it shot right out. After the tire went down I aired them back up and removed the cores again and got the rest out. Really suprised at how much those little tires can hold :D

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”