This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Rusted on Tire Bolts

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
mark1757
10+ Years
10+ Years

Rusted on Tire Bolts

Postby mark1757 » Fri Jun 08, 2007 11:24 am

What's the best spray liquid to use to get rusted on tire bolts off?
Any help is greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance.
Mark
"But the Farmall Cub is part of the family, we could never sell it." My wife. 4/9/2007

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Jun 08, 2007 1:17 pm

aerokroil
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Fri Jun 08, 2007 5:08 pm

MarK: BD is referring to a super penetrating liquid called Kroil available only thru mail order. Google Kroil and you'll get the manufacturer - it's bought right off their website. All the experts here swear by it, but patience seems to be the key to success - put it on and let it work. Good luck. Craig

PS: Here's the source - http://www.kanolabs.com/

mark1757
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby mark1757 » Mon Jun 11, 2007 2:04 pm

magnumpi wrote:MarK: BD is referring to a super penetrating liquid called Kroil available only thru mail order. Google Kroil and you'll get the manufacturer - it's bought right off their website. All the experts here swear by it, but patience seems to be the key to success - put it on and let it work. Good luck. Craig

PS: Here's the source - http://www.kanolabs.com/

Thanks ! :D
Just ordered a can, It's costing me $16.72 with S&H. :shock:
Mark
"But the Farmall Cub is part of the family, we could never sell it." My wife. 4/9/2007

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Mon Jun 11, 2007 3:45 pm

I buy the gallons and put it in a squirt bottle
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

WKPoor
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby WKPoor » Mon Jun 11, 2007 5:23 pm

If I never learned anything else here is was the word PATIENCE! If you have the time or can make it your success rate will be much improved by observing the following. Store the can close to the job like on the tractor itself. Make a mental note to spay what you want to take apart at least once a day or more for at least 2 wks more or less depending. Eventually it will work,.......eventually.

One time I got impatient with a sickel bar even heating it cherry red with still not a chance it would budge. I ended up changing tips and just burnt it apart. I set the 2 halfs aside. Later I decided to continue with it by the above method. A couple of weeks later it practically fell apart. Since that time I've tried to practice what I preach and for the most part it has worked great. Just plan ahead and soak it!

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:42 am

Kroil to loosen it and use anti-seize when reassembling it!!!!
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Tue Jun 12, 2007 6:48 am

I was in a local auto parts store and found they are carrying Kroil penetrant. I guess I'll have to pick up a can and see how much better it is than PB Blaster. I know most people on here swear by the stuff, gonna try it.

Into Tractors
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45387

Postby Into Tractors » Tue Jun 12, 2007 9:36 am

Josh, is that a "Mom & Pop" store, or one of the chains. Be nice to know if one of the auto-part chains carry it now, I can only find PB-Blaster in one place in my area.
Mike Duncan

deputy jailer
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby deputy jailer » Wed Jun 13, 2007 12:13 am

Its Gipe Automotive. It carries the federated parts names if that makes a difference. Theres very few in our area and I do believe they are moms & pops owned. Which is a good thing in todays times.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”