This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Manure spreader ID....

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
idontno1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Manure spreader ID....

Postby idontno1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:18 am

I got this spreader from a auction.I'ts mostly complete and i want to restore it and pull it behind my old tractors in parades.Can someone help id and colors..Thanks [/img]Image [img][img]http://i49.photobucket.com/albums/f275/idontno51/000_0535.jpg[/img][/img]

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:31 am

Looks very much like a New Idea spreader we once had.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:51 pm

Bigdog wrote:Looks very much like a New Idea spreader we once had.

Agreed... horse drawn. Lots of Cubs come with the seat from one. Look carefully at rhe rear wheels and axle. Just like the ones Doc is trying to identify.

George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Fri Apr 06, 2007 12:59 pm

I looked at some of the brochures I have, and that is definitely a New Idea as Bigdog said. Both of the colored posters show all of the steel to be a dark green, and the wood is sort of a yellow-gold (hard to describe). Later models were green with orange wood. If you want to do any lettering, let me know and I can send you a copy for letter style, placement, and size. You might find a protected area of paint under one of the supports that can be used for a closer color match.

Bob

idontno1
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby idontno1 » Fri Apr 06, 2007 6:50 pm

Thanks so much .I look for the paint.And I wil l get back with you later on lettering.it's complete except the seat.I think it goes on the front board.any idea on the model.or is there a way i can tell for sure? thanks jack

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Fri Apr 06, 2007 7:54 pm

idontno1 wrote:Thanks so much .I look for the paint.And I wil l get back with you later on lettering.it's complete except the seat.I think it goes on the front board.any idea on the model.or is there a way i can tell for sure? thanks jack

The seat was on flat iron strap bent to 90 degrees so it could be flipped forward out of the way for loading. That kept the seat somewhat cleaner. I doubt too many remember pulling them with horses. :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

evielboweviel
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43130
eBay ID: evilboweviel

Postby evielboweviel » Fri Apr 06, 2007 8:28 pm

grew up with one like that. cub wouldn't pull it, so grandpa removed the front wheels and cut a tree down to make a tongue for it. loaded it by hand and used the cub to pull it out in the field. took a while to load it with a pitchfork. used it at the chicken house too had to load the back end from the front of the chicken house with corn cobs and then go around back to the dropping pit to load the semi liquid on it. didn't load it as full when doing that
ron

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”