This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Bolt-Out Set

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:44 pm

Guys:

Oops.. :oops: :oops: I didn't exactly mean it as it came out, cause it came out pretty lame .. so I apolgize.

I have had this bad habit over the years.. every job I started, I made sure that in my costing and procurement procedures, that sufficient stocks of everything were always ordered per job. That way, costs were more accurately tracked and profit/loss ratios were not skewed by stock on hand.

I have over the years ended up with a multitude of spare screws of all sorts.. and I tend to keep them in containers of all kinds as well. Lots of fun, :roll: :roll: :roll: , but it has paid off in dividends over the years. Pretty much now, if I need an oddball screw or a dozen of em, I usually have them on hand. Also, Fastenal is just down the road from me.. close to Timmy Horton's, so if I do need a specific screw, bolt, nut etc., I just grab em as I head by for a cup of Timmy's.

It never really occured to me that y'all wouldn't be doing the same..... :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :shock: :!:
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:15 pm

I believe that would be a hand impack tool also works on bolta to if it is what I am thanking about

I didnt read far enough
David
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 71770

Postby Dan England » Fri Dec 15, 2006 7:05 am

George and Rudi: Neither of you owe me an apology. Your statements are correct, one should not reuse damaged screws. To do so, as I sometimes do, does not solve a problem. It merely postpones and magnifies the problem. So don't feel bad because you think you might have hurt my feelings. You haven't. I am continually amazed at how 2500 people can interact on the forum without serious disagreements becoming personal. But we do. I can't speak for John, who also reuses damaged screws, but I'll bet he feels the same way I do. Dan

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:10 am

Dan,

On your comment about 2500 people interacting, I couldn't agree more! Like no other!

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:51 am

Rudi wrote:I have had this bad habit over the years.. every job I started, I made sure that in my costing and procurement procedures, that sufficient stocks of everything were always ordered per job. That way, costs were more accurately tracked and profit/loss ratios were not skewed by stock on hand.

It never really occured to me that y'all wouldn't be doing the same..... :roll: :oops: :roll: :oops: :roll: :shock: :!:
Rudi, definitely not a "BAD" habit to have, but I would assume you were never at the point financially that you had to take bolts off one piece of equipment and put it on another before you could use it. Been there, done that, but not lately.

I too try to keep a stock of hardware on hand, but still don't always have what I need, and town is far enough I don't run in for a cup of coffee.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Fri Dec 15, 2006 3:24 pm

John:

Actually, yes :!: :roll: It has been to that point at times... I have started over financially 3 times... :oops: :roll: :shock: :? :? and it has been a bit of a pain in the tushie over the years. I also have all the bolts and stuff that I save off of the tractors and stuff. And yes, I do occasionally re-use them. I have piles of recycled stuff.. Waste not want not has been a motto my Grandpa taught me young. I even store the old nuts and bolts in a bit of used oil.. so they don't rust up too much :roll: :D

I have even straightened bent nails to be re-used as we tear down buildings on the various properties. I am negotiating at the moment to save and recycle some steel siding on the old hanger up the street to finish my shop expansion project. That is ALL recycled stuff including the sheet goods which are all recycled billboard faces... I have stripped over 30 of them so far. Thankfully, my brother-in-law donates much of what I need.. I guess as a thank you for Em and I providing storage space for his stock and equipment...

Recycling is a very important part of my life.. and my belief structure.

But when it comes to some things like screws etc.... I try not to recycle them much as they usually cause me a lot of headaches and more expense. Also, I have been fortunate in a sense, that with my Cabinet and Furniture shop business, that I had a large assortment of screws, fasteners and different things that one needs in a custom casework shop, left over after I had to retire medically. Thankfully I listened to my beautiful better half, and kept the business separate from our real-estate holdings and when I lost it all after my diagnosis, I was able to keep some stuff.

But being financially at the point where one had to save and recycle.. my friend, I am on a Veterans Pension... I don't have a choice... I have to recycle. I also am fortunate in that my 25 acre farm is actually just inside City Limits and Timmy's is only 2 km or so away.. a bit over a mile.. :wink: :shock: :roll: :lol:

It is just one of my idiosyncrasies, I guess.. I always try to save the worst items that are recycled for use in last ditch scenarios....
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Dec 22, 2006 8:31 am

I just wanted to let you guys know I found the set at sears and it was on sale for the 14.99 or what ever not the 9.99 so I went to order it and they did not have any so I put my name in for an email when they arive well they went me an email this week and I clicked on it and they are regular price. Bummer.
JON

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:50 am

Jon: It seems unlikely that they would still be available at sale price at out local store but I will be going by there today. If they are available and the sale price is either $9.99 or $14.99 would you like me to pick up a set for you? I don't mind doing this, just let me know. Dan

Dan England
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Dan England » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:04 pm

The sale on Bolt-Out is over. Current price is $18.99. Dan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Fri Dec 22, 2006 12:50 pm

Jon,

They will be on sale for $9.99 again. Be patient. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Sat Dec 23, 2006 7:33 am

Thanks for checking guys. My daughter got me a sears $25.00 gift card for my Bday so It will probly work well on a set when I get by sears the next time. I am going to give them heck though to see if I can get the sale price and the craftsmen club discount.
THANKS JON

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Wed Jan 03, 2007 5:16 pm

So I go to the Main Sears store in St Paul this AM with the expressed mission of seeing what's up with the infamous impact screwdriver/bolt out set. What am I missing here ?? It was $24.99 and was just a handle, 2 screwdriver bits and what looked to be an extension. Actually made in USA however - rare in Sears these days. Craig

rondellh
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby rondellh » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:41 pm

My middle daughter got the starter set for $19.99 as my Christmas gift. today we went shopping at the mall and went through Sears waiting for her. The add-on kit was on sale for $9.99 so now my kit is complete.

I just got to find spce to put it in my tool boxes now :roll: :roll:

Rondell

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger

Postby Rudi » Thu Jan 04, 2007 10:43 pm

Rondell:

Sure didn't take me long to figure out where to put em in me tool box...

I have been getting lucky and have found a few neat tools lately.. and they have now found a spot in me rolly cabinet..

:D :!: :D 8) 8) 8)

Mag Man
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Mag Man » Fri Jan 05, 2007 8:14 am

i TOO WENT TO SEARS LATELY THEY HAD A 6 PIECE SET ON SALE FOR $14.95 i WANTED THE TEN PIECE FOR $29.99 BUT YOU NEEDED TO USE A CRESENT WRENCH OR SOMTHING TO USE THEM SO i TOOK THE SMALLER SET,
sorry for the caps . The problem is now I have way to many tools that I only use once or twice a life time. lolAnd if the logging money comes through I will need to get all this stuff out of my shop this spring for my floor. :oops:
JON

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”