This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ls 55

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

ls 55

Postby JBall8019 » Sun Nov 12, 2006 6:50 pm

hi guys,
i just picked up a new holland ls 55 riding mower. first mower i have seen with cruise control. anybody have much experience with this type of mower? i think it has all sorts of saftey devices on it so i am having trouble getting this thing to stay running.
john

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Sun Nov 12, 2006 8:57 pm

No experience with a New Holland 55. Did have a MTD mower with 9 different safety switches. It was very hard to keep running. One good jolt and one of the switches would be out of alignment.

The seat switch was a big problem. Bounce a bit, take pressure off the seat, and the tractor quit.

I would never advise anyone to disconnect safety switches. Let me repeat, I would never advise anyone to disconnect safety switches, even the ones that serve absolutely no purpose. I don't want to get sued if you disconnect some of the safety switches and get hurt.

Eugene

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Mon Nov 13, 2006 12:06 pm

i understand completely eugene! :wink:

JBall8019
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby JBall8019 » Sat Dec 16, 2006 11:10 pm

hi guys,
i am in need of some help. i found out yesterday that it was made by toro or some other company other than new holland. it has a 19 hp kohler motor with two spark plugs. i finally got it running great just now and i want to start going over the rest of the tractor. the deck does not raise up or down, i think its electrically controlled, also the po told me if the mower ran for a while it would slow down. the had to let it cool down and then it would move just fine. does this indicate that the hydro transaxle may be shot or a filter may be clogged? i drove it around for about 30 min it drove around fine. since this model was marketed under other brands, is there anyone here on this board familiar with riding mowers?
thanks
john

magnumpi
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby magnumpi » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:34 am

John: I've had a JD LX279 riding mower for a few years - has a Kawasaki twin that's liquid cooled. My deck raises/lowers mechanically and everything else is pretty basic on these things - maybe start by making sure the wire ends are not corroded or dirty. I even took the liberty after calling JD to switch to Mobil 1 synthetic oil - definitely runs better and certainly starts easier - you can hear the difference when you hit the starter. Does the motor slow down when the deck is disengaged as well as when engaged ?? Maybe something's binding in the drive mechanism - mine is belt driven. Air filters clean ?? New gas filter ?? Let me know, I'm curious. Craig

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Dec 22, 2006 9:09 pm

JBall8019 wrote: since this model was marketed under other brands, is there anyone here on this board familiar with riding mowers?
thanks john

My only suggestion is to obtain the service and parts manuals for the tractor. Contact MTD, they may have the manuals and as well as New Holland.

Toro is currently manufactured by MTD.

Have you tried the ytmag New Holland board?

I have no experience with this tractor. Without knowing the mechanical/electrical configuration any advise I could provide would be worthless.

Sorry.

Eugene

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”