This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Help! Ford 555 Backhoe question

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Psycho
10+ Years
10+ Years

Help! Ford 555 Backhoe question

Postby Psycho » Sat Oct 28, 2006 12:40 pm

Does anyone know if a Ford 555A can easily be converted from 4 stick to 2 stick controls? Need an answer asap. Thanks :lol:
"If at first it doesn't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
1948 Cub, 1957 Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Oct 28, 2006 8:41 pm

Yes it can be converted. I have operated both stick and wobble versions on the 555`s. I personally prefer the 4-stick controls.
Then came Bronson

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby George Willer » Sat Oct 28, 2006 9:01 pm

johnbron wrote:Yes it can be converted. I have operated both stick and wobble versions on the 555`s. I personally prefer the 4-stick controls.

Of course it comes down to personal preference, but I prefer the 4 sticks too. What it amounts to is it's really your hands that do it without much thought. That's what got me in trouble when I owned a foot swing Case and a Ford at the same time thinking it would save me from changing buckets so much. The levers are in different positions and my hands couldn't sort it out. :( You can think it out but your hands work automatically while your attention is on the bucket. :shock:

I never did like the wobble stick on Ford loaders either. :(
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Psycho
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Psycho » Sun Oct 29, 2006 12:11 am

Thanks guys. I ran 2 sticks for 10 years, and have a 4 stick now.Just isn't as smooth for me.
Bob
"If at first it doesn't move, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."
1948 Cub, 1957 Cub

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”