This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

It isn't a Cub and It Definitely isn't a Cub Cadet !

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

It isn't a Cub and It Definitely isn't a Cub Cadet !

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 7:05 am

Guys:

My church has an old Co-Op Turf Trac 10/34 Ride on Mower. I haven't had it running yet.. but it is here at my place to get fixed. Hmm... what do I know huh :?: :roll: :?: :lol:

Anyways, here it is..

Symptoms:

When last run, it started slowing down, then only moved slowly. Now when put into gear, it doesn't do anything. Won't go forward, won't go back. It is a chain driven unit.. not belt.. only belt is for the mower deck and that works.. But they cannot get it to move fore or aft.. Apparently all fluids have just been changed..

It is a 5 speed transaxle.. looks like a Peerless... and to my mind, the first thing that one should always check on a Peerless is the shift linkage plate.. I think that is what it is called... That is my first job..

I need ideas.. and any help is greatly appreciated.. the grass is getting tall, and I gotta try and fix it.. may have to take me John Deere up there.. it is a 30 km run..... so I would rather only do that once if I can get away with it..
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:00 am

Rudi, It may be the linkage is unhooked somewhere or if not that check the sprockets. They may be loose on the shaft/s and not turning. :idea: :?:
Then came Bronson

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Wed Jun 28, 2006 11:29 am

possibly a borken key way on one of the shafts like johnbron said.... you might want to check and see if all chains are moving when it's in gear, if they are, then it could be the tranny right :?:

good luck

Johnny

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Wed Jun 28, 2006 9:12 pm

Well it appears that I have discovered the problem I think... it seems that 2 of the 3 belts that are on the Turf Trac are toast.. The drive belt was inverted and the cord busted. The mower belt is also very worn and ready to roll over as well.

It took a fair amount of time to get the belts off too.. almost 2 hours my buddy and I worked on it. First figuring it out, then taking it apart. So I need to go get new belts.. get the Owner's Manual printed (yes I have a copy! hard to find, but got one from MTD.. which really blew me away), and get started on maintenance and repair. Needs some TLC as in lube, oil, wash and a general tuneup.

It appears that the rear axle bushings are toast.. so worn as to be useless with lots of play. These are similar bushings to those found on snowblowers for the augers.. There are a bunch of other issues, all minor but will take time. At least I am enjoying it, I am learning and it is just all around fun. Good relaxation. This will be a winter project as I am far to busy this summer trying to get caught up with my other chores that have suffered the last 2 years. So instead of putting it in the shed at Church, we will put it in with the Cubs in my new Tractor Shed.... here at home. Maybe, being so close to my Cubs, this Turf Trac might morph into a Cub Cadet :?: :arrow: :wink: :shock: 8) 8) :D

I consider this good training as I wait to find me a Cub Cadet or two or three that need some TLC and a new home.... :!: :arrow: :lol: Thanks for the responses guys.. it turns out to be just normal stuff.. and nothing too exciting or expensive, Thank God :!: :!: :!: :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”