This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

chalmers b smoke

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Clem
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48463
Tractors Owned: 1956 FAST HITCH CUB
MODEL 10 CUB TRAILER
2 1950 Demonstrators

chalmers b smoke

Postby Clem » Fri Jun 09, 2006 6:52 pm

I have one more problem I would like to fix on the Chalmers. When I start the tractor it blows white smoke out the exhaust and around manifold for 5 minutes and goes away if I drive it around. The oil fill tube also smokes clear smoke when the engine is hot and the cap is off. When I first got this tractor last week, it blew blue smoke and spit oil out the muffler, now it's just white and not as dirty. I think the marvel mystery oil and oil change cleared up the blue smoke problem, but now I need to solve the white smoke. What do you think?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 09, 2006 10:00 pm

Are you losing water? I'm thinking water.

Check for water leaking into the crankcase. I'm not sure about the B. Some Allis Chalmers engines have frost plugs on the top of the head - easy fix.

Leaking head gasket.

Eugene

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”