This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Allis B again, Plugs this time

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Allis B again, Plugs this time

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:03 pm

And yet another question!
Allis B. what is the correct sparkplug for it, those that I have are autolight, but I have the impression that they are a bit too long in the thread.
When I bought the tractor it had these plugs fitted but with plug extensions so the spark was hidden in a little chamber of it's own. Often on the first fire of a cylinder or two would wet the plug up with condensation, enough so it wouldn't spark at all unless it was taken out and heated up, after which the tractor would start with ease.
I took these extensions off and it would only fire on 2 cylinders! out with the plugs and 2 had the gap completely closed up Confused Confused Question Confused
Sanity check, did I close the gaps up on these two? Ah well perhaps I did, I can be obtuse at times (often you say?!) so gap them again, fit and the same happens No Gap.
What was happening was thet the piston came up and gently, as all pistons can be, closed up the gap as these two plugs had the side electrode facing upwards. Embarassed
Two plug washers does the trick.
BUT it would perhaps be better to get myself a set of the right plugs for poor old Allis.
Can you help?
Pat

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Feb 11, 2006 1:38 pm

The Champion plug for the AC B is J8C, which is only a 3/8 reach (gasket to tip). If your current plugs are longer than that, it would explain your problem.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”