This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

You gotta see this . . .

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

You gotta see this . . .

Postby Paul_NJ » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:39 am

I saw this link over on YTMAG and just had to share it back here. It's a jig for freeing up seized engines. But check out the rest of the web page. Some incredible photos (and stories). Rudi, where in the Canadian world is this guy located?? Great stuff!

The link:http://kingofobsolete.ca

Go to section "The Kings Bar Starter"
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

johnbron
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby johnbron » Sat Jan 28, 2006 8:56 am

8) Yeah, That guy K-of-O is a pretty interesting feller. I have been following his escapades for about a year or more now. For a person who likes to rough it he sure aint no Dummy. :lol:
Then came Bronson

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Sat Jan 28, 2006 9:16 am

I just love stuff like this . . . this website was a real find for me. Reminds me of when I worked as an engineer in the oil patch in Southeastern New Mexico for three years. There was a crusty Machine Shop forman, C.D. Smith (who looked much older than he really was), who used to tell me "there ain't nuthin a feller can't do if he's got his mind set on it - ceptin some things take too long, or cost too much".

I never forgot his words. It's amazing the things you can learn from folks like that. This K-of-O guy is a perfect example.
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

beaconlight
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 10314

Postby beaconlight » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:31 am

Interesting! Saw some cat trains and other off road stuff when I worked in Alaska in the 50's and early 60's. One was on wheels that were so large you could stand in. The fuel was stored in the tires and some how or other pumped out of. It was too heave for the bridges so the just went cross country around them.

Bill
Bill

"Life's tough.It's even tougher if you're stupid."
- John Wayne

" We hang petty thieves and appoint the great ones to public office."
- Aesop

cowboy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49229

Postby cowboy » Sat Jan 28, 2006 10:45 am

Awesome :!: My kinda guy. Blaze you own trail man :!: Makes me think of all the peaple that moved next to the airport then complained of the noise :!:

Billy
Take care of your equipment and it will take care of you. 1964 cub. Farmall 100 and 130.

"Those that say it can’t be done should not interrupt the ones who are doing it.”

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Jan 28, 2006 11:19 am

I've been following the King's escapades off and on for a couple of years. some of them get pretty interesting.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: You gotta see this . . .

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:08 pm

Paul_NJ wrote:IRudi, where in the Canadian world is this guy located??

From Winnipeg, go north until the roads stop (nearly 700 miles) at nearly 57 degrees north.

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Wed Feb 01, 2006 8:06 am

Hey Paul...VERY NEAT WEB SITE !!! The "KING" has quite a "KOLLECTION OF KATS"...It's too bad that they're were no photos of "Southern Belle" but maybe that's best left to one's IMAGINATION!

If you think about it...these early guys from the "frozen, GREAT WHITE north" were really pioneers. Pullin' supplies and houses on CAT TRAINS over frozen snow, tundra and lakes (imagine how thick the ice has to be to support the weight of a KAT TRAIN without giving way! :shock:
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”