This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

JD Gator, Opinions Wanted

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: JD Gator, Opinions Wanted

Postby Rick Prentice » Mon May 17, 2021 8:14 am

One thing I still want to try that I discovered tinkering with gocarts and torque convertor drive clutches. If I cut and install a machine washer to shim out the outer half, it not only lets the belt spin free but allows the engine to slightly rev before the clutch closes and grabs the belt. I tried oiling the gator drive clutch parts but it still puts just enough bite on the belt to spin the driven. Spacing the out half farther away (maybe 1/8") would surely make a difference and didn't seem to effect the gocart performance.
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”