This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

R30 finds a long lost brother near Cognac France.

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

R30 finds a long lost brother near Cognac France.

Postby Patbretagne » Sat Dec 10, 2005 2:42 am

Since our last report of the insatiable collector Pat and his lovely wife Noëlle, your Mid Finistère Reporter has another breaking news story for you.

Pat, ever on the lookout for something different to add to their collection, happened to glance on the internet about 3 weeks ago only by chance to find another old tractor for sale. But you know those auction sites that start with E are rather stressful especially at the end; Pat prefers to contact the owner first before bidding, to ensure that things are as they should be. So he sends an email via e… to ask pertinent questions as to the state of this particular Renault. He gets a reply but not a full answer to his questions.

“There is something that is not quite right.” Pat says, he had asked especially if the engine was a runner. “Noëlle, are you there, I don’t think that we’ll have a go at this one, lovely as it is, small as it is, it doesn’t seem quite right to me.” “Ok my lover, if you have an intuition, then often you are right, didn’t you say it is a rarity and is likely to be expensive. Isn’t it some 400 miles away, if we did buy it 2 days on the road with Landie in the present black-ice-on-the-road weather would be a folly, but yes it is a rather delectable find, but something of that calibre is going to top 4000€, OK it is just money and we can earn some more, but if you have that feeling…!”

Yes readers you guessed it they did decide to not bid. Normally that would be the end of the story, full-stop.

Pat, however, couldn’t resist just having a peek at the bidding over the next few days, it stuck at 6 something hundred euros for quite a few days. Each time he looked it seemed more charming and more alluring, more drawn towards him, almost as if it was saying, ‘Just you wait my boy, let’s see how this one pans out shall we before you get all worked up about me! I have heard about you and your love affairs.’ So Pat waited. The last morning when the sale was due to be completed at 11.30, of course they were not at home, an appointment, so Pat didn’t get tempted into the last minute rush to be the “Bidder Who Wins”.

That evening, Noëlle says, “What do you think that Renault went for?” “I don’t know 4500, or more?” Well there’s only one way to find out, isn’t there? Go and have a look!” quipped NoNo.

“What!!!!! 1375€, just 1375 for such a lovely beast, nearly complete, engine running or not, that’s a steal, how could we have been so dumb as to have missed out on this one Noëlle; no even at double, that it is still a steal! Oh NoNo, what a disaster, I think that I will have to go into a depression!”

“Yes but look a bit deeper sunshine, doesn’t it say ‘reserve not met’ in big red letters, you really must learn to read all the information that is put before you before jumping to conclusions!” “Yes dear! But you’re right, how about dropping him a mail and see if he wants to continue the auction with just one person bidding?”

Well readers, wasn’t that a good idea, lucky that NoNo is there next to him, at least she has brought a little bit of a level head into the situation. An Email wad duly sent off 400 miles into France, several miles from Bordeaux, near to Cognac, in that delectible area where all the houses are built of limestone and modernisation seemed to stop some 50 years ago, to tentatively ask the owner of the Renault what his reserve was and if he would be interested in a reasonable negotiation?

Nothing was heard, our collectors assumed that the owner had in fact concluded a deal with the person who had put in the final bid and that the story was over.

“Let’s get back to life on the ordinary rails” said Pat, “We’ve still got a lot to do, I’m not going to waste my emotional efforts on a silly old rusty chunk of iron, no sir, not me, it’s sold, never to be heard of again, forget it, it wasn’t worth it, 1375, not even worth that, all those long miles to collect it, after collecting Bitza, I said I’d never do it again, centre France is too far from us, I was right, anyway what do we need with another tractor we have already got 7 and lots of other junk, no forget it, don’t loose sleep over it, OK it was built in 1936, Ok it was most probably one of the first built used as a demonstration model painted grey, lined out with Red wheels, OK there were only 475 built, OK it is the vigneron (vineyard) version that even less were made, OK it’s only 900mm wide (just under 3’) with split cast iron wheels with rubber tyres (you see he has been doing his homework friends!) OK perhaps it is the only one in existence”. A small sob of depression was heard just for a moment whilst Pat thought no-one was listening.

Well we could go on for ages with Pat’s thoughts and sobs, but that wouldn’t get us any further would it. So will you wait till our editor allows me a little more space again, for the next instalment of “R30 finds a long lost brother”?

Signing off Mid Finistère Reporter.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Circle of Safety: Y
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Sat Dec 10, 2005 7:58 am

Pat:

Another wonderful bit of creative writing :!: This is almost as good as a Steven Coonts or WEB Griffin novel :!:

I am anxiously awaiting the next installment.. oh, I can smell the fresh baquette and the nose of the bordeaux is wafting across the pond 8) :D
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Sat Dec 10, 2005 8:08 am

Patrick - you do have a way with words sir!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:42 am

The suspense is KILLING me!
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Paul B
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40218

Postby Paul B » Sat Dec 10, 2005 9:57 am

This is more suspenseful than the serials that they ran at the movie theater when I was a kid - you had to wait until next Saturday to see the next installment of the hero's attempt to save the heroine. :) . More, Pat, more.

phantom
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby phantom » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:41 am

the shadow knows...........
phantom

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:52 am

Ghost stories, weird stories, and murder too...Heh heh heh! (sinister).

From the radio show, Suspense.
Last edited by George Willer on Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sat Dec 10, 2005 10:54 am

"the shadow knows...........
that would be Lamont Cranston.

OK it is just money and we can earn some more, but if you have that feeling…!” ...........
Doesn't sound like my spouse.

Love these stories.

Eugene

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sat Dec 10, 2005 1:28 pm

Go ahead Pat, keep us in suspece for a while. we will get even. is this one a mate to the one you posted on YTMAG last month?
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Paul_NJ
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Paul_NJ » Mon Dec 12, 2005 1:11 pm

Dear Pat,

Great news! What a nice surprise to log on this morning after being away the weekend and discovering a new epistle from your pen (or keyboard . . . although that doesn't sound as good but anyway . . . ). Up to your usual calibre of description and artistry, bringing us right into the story, and hopefully in the next edition right along for the ride. The pictures you paint for us are in true impressionist style!

Anticipating the sequel.

Paul
51 Cub; IH 340 Utility; IH 240 Utility http://public.fotki.com/PWS/

Patbretagne
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Patbretagne » Mon Dec 12, 2005 3:01 pm

Thanks to all for your kind words, The pen (keyboard) is ever inking itself ready to transcribe the next edition.
Hopefully it will boost it's way across the ether this weekend.
Unfortunately the author has a very large ceiling to finish off before the juices can run enough to transcribe the events onto paper (screen),
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL CAUBBERS AND OTHERS ALIKE.
pAT

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”