This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Year of my Dads W9 ?? Help

All non-Cub/Cadet/IH/Farmall/Case tractor and machinery discussions.
Forum rules
Notice: For sale and wanted posts are not allowed in this forum. Please use our free classifieds or one of our site sponsors for your tractor and parts needs.
Ralph’s daughter
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: L9L1C9

Year of my Dads W9 ?? Help

Postby Ralph’s daughter » Thu May 31, 2018 8:55 pm

Hey everyone. My Dad loved his W9 Farmall. It’s been 5 years since he passed and I cannot remember which year his tractor is. I’m hoping you guys can help me.
I was suppose to get his tractor after he passed, but my mother sold it to a man in Woodstock Ontario instead. She wanted the cash and he didn’t help the situation. My husband called him many times, but he took it anyway.
Advice to fathers who want their children to have their tractors, don’t trust your wife. Everything changes after you pass. Pls go to a lawyer and have things signed.
I helped my Dad with parts for the restoration and paid for the storage for over 4 years. That tractor is a piece of my Dad. It belongs in the family forever. Not with strangers. It’s been 5 years and I just can’t get over it.
Please don’t do this to ur kids.
Let me know if you can help me with the year of his tractor. I’m confused if it’s a ‘46 or a ‘48.
Thank you for listening.
Attachments
248A83D4-9112-47B9-9E01-BA6CC54E4E42.jpeg

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Glen
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: 1956 Farmall Cub with Fast Hitch, F-11 plow, Disc, Cultivator, Cub-22 mower
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Year of my Dads W9 ?? Help

Postby Glen » Fri Jun 01, 2018 12:46 am

Hi,
You might have to get the tractor serial number to figure out the year it was made.

My friend had a W 9, the serial number plate was just to the rear of the engine, I think.

Ralph’s daughter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Ralph’s daughter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 1:07 am

I can’t Glen. My mother gave the tractor away. All I have are pictures. I thought maybe there were differences in the years made. It’s either a ‘46 or ‘48 but I can’t find enough pictures on the internet to show me anything that looks unique enough between the 2 years. And don’t quite know what to look for.
Attachments
BC55A588-0172-4446-B449-42DF0F9B7DC5.jpeg

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Fri Jun 01, 2018 10:23 am

One of the problems with identifying a tractor by specific year is that manufactures used the same basic sheet metal and basic mechanical portions of the model for years.

Back to your mom giving away/selling the tractor. Most husband/wife wills state that all jointly held property will revert to the surviving spouse. So, unless the W9 was specifically annotated in your fathers will, the W9 belonged to your mother.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Ralph’s daughter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Ralph’s daughter » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:46 pm

Ok.
On the mom thing. There were no wills and it was widely known that I was to get his tractor so it would stay in the family. All my sisters knew that the tractor would come to me.
I was coming down to take it from storage to bring it my home. It was 3 months after the funeral. My mother knew it was happening on that day. She was so sneaky that she cleared out the storage unit that morning before we got there. She took everything. Even the chair Dad sat on when he looked at his tractor, cause the cancer took over and he couldn’t work on it any longer.
The man she sold it to, thru out his chair, his Tools everything else that belonged to my Dad, cause they weren’t worth $ anything.
Oh, I know the wife trumps the daughter. But it doesn’t make it right. I’m his blood. And she knew he wanted me to save his tractor for our generations. She wanted cash. And lost a daughter.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E

Postby Landreo » Sun Jun 03, 2018 8:09 am

I have no knowledge of the year by year changes for a W9 but a look through Guy Fay's book on the lettered series Farmalls does show some early changes but he does not list any for the time frame you are looking for. You may want to post this question on the Red Power site.

Eugene
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 65051

Postby Eugene » Sun Jun 03, 2018 9:37 am

Suggest you make amends with you mother. She is the only one you will ever have.
I have an excuse. CRS.

Ralph’s daughter
5+ Years
5+ Years

Postby Ralph’s daughter » Mon Jun 04, 2018 12:36 am

Thank you Landreo. I will do that. Very helpful.

Eugene, u have absolutely no idea what she has done to me or my Dad. That will never happen. No suggestions needed. Thank u.

Landreo
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 29130
Tractors Owned: fcub(5)
tricycle cub
154 (4)
Earthmaster (2)
JD 40T, JD 420 crawler-loader, JD MT
JD Unstyled A, Styled A, Unstyled AR
JD H
Centaur Tractor
AC Model C, G
Cub Cadets (9)
Gibson D
Red-E

Postby Landreo » Tue Jun 05, 2018 7:49 am

I rarely think of my mother any more. When she was sober, off drugs, and not psychotic she actually did well as a parent. The other times were a bit of a challenge. But as the saying goes, time heals all wounds and I truly hold no wishes, wants, or grudges. Hopefully that will happen with your situation.

Return to “Other Tractors and Machinery”