This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thank You

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783
Circle of Safety: Y

Thank You

Postby 1541 » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:24 pm

Bonnie and I want to thank everyone for making the 2015 Buckeye Cub Tug successful. I hope everyone enjoyed themselves as much as we did

There were several tractors repaired including a transmission rebuild and at least one rear seal replaced as well as a final repaired. Several Cubs will now run better after the magic touch from Bob the carburetor guru. Cub Express runs were completed and other Cub Express items were making it at least one step closer to home. The swap area was busy and lot of parts, implements and at least one Cub changed hands.

Speaking of Cub Express. It was an honor to have the Willer Award presented to the king of the Cub Express and Mr. Plow - uh - I mean Mr. Bill Hudson at the Cub Tug this year.

This year there were people representing 14 states present: Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana, Illinois, Michigan, Colorado, Florida, Louisiana, and of course, the Buckeye State, Ohio. Please let me know if I missed a state. I tried to at least say hello to everyone but I know I missed a few folks.

This event wouldn't have been possible if not for all of the help and guidance from Darrell and Janet Ratliff. We owe them a special thanks for helping us and letting us carry on the Buckeye Cub Tug tradition. Darrell and Janet spent many evenings and weekends helping us prepare and were here the entire week of the event. We would also like to thank, John, Sheri and Mikey Ratliff. What can I say John is a wizard in the kitchen and it would be danged near impossible to feed everyone without him. And I don't want to forget all of the ladies that helped. David Grapes was instrumental in getting the donations from Kroger's to help feed everyone and made the entire process simple.

Also, a special thanks goes out for Bill and Rosie, who spend many hours traveling so the event has tents, tables and chairs. We really appreciate your time and efforts in helping us prepare for the event.

I would also like to thank the Village of Somerset and the Somerset Memorial Park Board for letting us use the park and the pulling track; Doug Snider for preparing the track; Southeastern Ohio Garden Tractor Pullers Association for donating the pulling sled; David Grapes & Kroger's for food donations; Landmark Auto Parts for being available for after hours parts runs; Old Log House Plantation for their generous donation; the Snider Family and all other's who contributed.

We also want to thank the Somerset Boy Scout Troop 257 for providing the trackside lunch. It is always a special treat to have lunch and watch the activities. The Scouts mentioned that they would also like to thank everybody for their support. And of course none of this would have been worth doing if folks didn't show up and bring their Cubs. Thank you for coming and making it a fun weekend. We look forward to seeing everyone again next year.

Doug & Bonnie
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Re: Thank You

Postby Barnyard » Wed Aug 12, 2015 8:43 pm

Doug, as long as all of you keep putting this on we will be there. You all did a tremendous job. Rosie and I saw first hand how you and Bonnie stay up late into the night getting the pig ready for the next days roast. You all put a lot more effort in this event than many people realize. Well done!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

clintmo
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 26033
Tractors Owned: 49 Cub
55 Cub

Postby clintmo » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:38 pm

I had a great time and learned a lot, so thanks to all of you who worked hard to put it on. I'll be back as often as I am able. The closest Cubfest for me and it seems like one of the best!

Clint

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Thu Aug 13, 2015 10:52 pm

Thanks to all involved with hosting another great Cub Tug! I appreciate all the work everyone put forth to make it so enjoyable, also thanks to all that helped me with my Cub split.
David

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Fri Aug 14, 2015 9:41 am

THANK YOU! An untold amount of work goes into the hosting of an event such as this. You are to be commended for the work of all involved in host the Tug. Well done.

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

pickerandsinger
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 13143
Tractors Owned: 1957 Cub Low Boy w/ FH Mott Flail Mower
1953 Cub w/ sprayer and 54A blade (Chompers)
1954 Cub w/fast hitch (Ira)
1948 Cub ( Papa Paul)with Henderson loader..
1951 Mutt mix Cub (BattleAx
1950 Farmall Cub (basket case demo)
Cub parts tractor
2019 " KuB"ota 2601 loader and roto tiller
1951 Ferguson TEA 20 (parts)( Uncle Rusty)
F/H Disc Harrow for cub L-38
C-22 Sickle Bar Mower
IH C2 and C3 mower
Universal tool attachment with disc hillers..Rear cultivators (various tips
York Rake for Cub home made
Single bottom Plow for Cub F194
Gravely 5660 12 hp/ w snoblower.rototiller,bush hog

Postby pickerandsinger » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:02 pm

Great to meet you guys and all the other attendee's…..My wife and I enjoyed the Tug immensely... :thanx: Dave and Diana
In Memory of 58,286

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”