This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Louisiana Cub Fest

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
ScottyD'sdad
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02769
Tractors Owned: 6"F" cubs
5 lo-boys
1 154
1 184
1 IH444
1 Oliver OC3 crawler
1 AC D10
1 IH 100 manure spreader
1 IH model B corn grinder
3 power units
cub demonstrator
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Louisiana Cub Fest

Postby ScottyD'sdad » Fri Mar 06, 2015 2:11 pm

Steve-N-Tn wrote:Gotta piggyback on Ron's post--sure do wish we hadn't gotten clobbered! Here is what our driveway looked like this morning--should have taken pictures yesterday! Hopefully it will thaw more today but that stuff was solid ice with a coating of snow then some freezing rain on top of all of it! UGH!! Sorry we didn't make it--next year for sure!! Steve

You call that "clobbered"? We get frosts, heavier than that!
Ed
Member of Chapter 18, and National
Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

staninlowerAL
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36558
Tractors Owned: Cubs: (3)'49's, (1 is for parts), (1)'57 IH Cub LoBoy w/FH, (2)154 Number Series Loboys, (1 is for parts), '76 Longstripe w/FH, Mowers: C-22, Bush Hog 412, Pennington 59, Woods RM42CF, Woods 42, assorted FCub plows, planters, discs, etc. OTHERS: '49 AC B & Ind. Sickle mower, '61 AC D12 Ser 2, '52 8N, '56 Ferguson 35 Deluxe, '47 & '49 Avery V, '53 MM BG (offset), '51 JD M (regular), '56 JD 420C, with Blade and fire plow, '85 JD 850 (Yanmar) w/72" belly mower, '76? Yanmar 2TR15 1500 & Bush Hog SQ42S-2 mower, '78? FORD Dexta, '86 FORD LGT14D & 48" Mower, (2)Cub Cadets & Mowers (MTD), (4) Sears Surburban's, other MTD mowers, Jeeps & other misc. "treasures"

Postby staninlowerAL » Fri Mar 06, 2015 8:43 pm

Great Day from Bogalusa LA!! Don't see how it could be any better but Buddy says wait til tomorrow. Too busy wrenching to take pictures although some others did and maybe they will post later. Thanks to all who pitched in and helped each other with projects. MUCH was accomplished today. Stan
Stan in LA (lower AL)
USAF & Reserves, Reg ARMY, ARMY NG (AL)

Gator809
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 70816

Postby Gator809 » Sat Mar 07, 2015 1:42 am

We'll I was planning on being there Saturday, but a bad case of bacterial bronchitis has said no way. Sucks, but don't really need to be outside in this weather. Hope y'all have fun and stay warm.
"Tiger" 1974 International Cub
"Littl' Smokey" 104 Cub Cadet
"Red Light" 1952 Farmall Cub with 151 disc plow
"Lucky" 1970 International 140

coppersmythe
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000
Tractors Owned: '48 trimmed dash high crop cub , '78 3/4 cub , lo-boy/59 mower , '64 "galvanized" cub , cub-6 toolbar , sicklebar mowers , 54 blade , plow , mott mower , early belly mower . . international 1010 pickup with 345ci v-8 .

Postby coppersmythe » Sun Mar 08, 2015 6:47 am

WOW ! buddy and hope (and friends) sure learned quickly how to put on a 1st class cubfest . It is one not to miss . coppersmythe....................................

Harold R
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 71203
Tractors Owned: 1948,55, and 56 Farmall Cubs.

Postby Harold R » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:25 am

It was another great one this year! I wish I would have brought a project tractor, because everything that went in the shop, came out much better. One tractor that hadn't run in 15 years was purring like a kitten by the time it left. The food was off the chart, once again, and if I had to judge.......the banana pudding would have took the blue ribbon. :lol: Look forward to next year!

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:00 am

I have to thank Buddy and Hope for all their fine southern hospitality. The food was outstanding. Was a great event and I look forward to next year.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

Clownfish
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 36578
Tractors Owned: 49 Farmall Cub
1959 Farmall Cub
2005 Massey Ferguson 1528

Postby Clownfish » Tue Mar 10, 2015 10:36 am

Another outstanding CubFest. On Thursday the weather forecast looked a little bleak. Friday morning dawned cold but Buddy had room for 5 or 6 Cubs inside his heated shop and it wasn't long before jackets were coming off. By noon the weather had warmed up and it was a great southern winter day. Saturday was even better. I don't know how many Cubs were repaired but there seemed to be a steady stream going out the door. I don't believe there are any shops that could repair this many tractors in 2 days and I know they wouldn't do it for free and also provide 3 meals a day. Thanks to Buddy and Hope and the crew of tractor and food experts they assembled for this event. Another interesting thing was the large number of young people who were working on tractors. I am glad to see this interest by people who were born after their cub was manufactured. If you missed the LA CubFest this year my advice is to find a way to be there next year. You won't regret it.

knightentc
5+ Years
5+ Years
Zip Code: 39553
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Cub
[url=http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=122&t=87548]1953 Farmall Cub Restoration[/URL]

Postby knightentc » Tue Mar 17, 2015 4:44 pm

Been very busy since I got back from the Bogalusa Cubfest but did want to thank everyone and let you all know my wife Peggy and I really enjoyed it. Thank you Mr. Buddy and Ms. Hope for hosting it and your gracious hospitality. We met and made friends with some very fine Christian folks and hope to be back next year. Just goes to show that “Yankees” and “Rednecks” can get along and play together! The weather was also perfect. Thank you Bob for helping with my carburetor problems and Mike, Bill and Art from Oklahoma and the rest that helped get us tuned up a little. Hope you all made it home safely. The tractor is running much better. Hope to see you all again in the near future.

Harold R…I agree the banana pudding was the bomb!
Larry G…. I am interested in hearing about the car museum that I have never heard of in my neck of the woods. Was it really there?

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”