This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A message to all Barnyard Bash attendees from Marilyn Willer

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

A message to all Barnyard Bash attendees from Marilyn Willer

Postby Barnyard » Tue Mar 25, 2014 2:30 pm

I received the following in an Email from Marilyn yesterday and she said it could be shared with the forum.

I see the Bash is May 30 this year. Maybe you could remember George Willer, as it will be 2 years on May 30th that he passed away. I know that would please him and just maybe he will know.
Thank you,
Marilyn

Bring your best George Willer story to the Bash this year, or just sit around and listen as others relate their "George" experience Let's not forget, as many of you know, George hosted the first CubFest and he enjoyed them as much as, if not more, than any of us.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Steve Butram
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 47906
eBay ID: steveb05
Tractors Owned: 1947 in well used condition
1948 restored
Nice original 1950 just out of the Demo Range
628 2 wheel Trailer
1950 Demo
Tryke
Rat Cub

Re: A message to all Barnyard Bash attendees from Marilyn Wi

Postby Steve Butram » Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:45 am

let's Toast George with his favorite beverage around the camp fire. He told some of the best stories sitting around the Campfire at Portland.

I still miss George. Can't believe he has been gone 2 Years. Steve
Be prepared to be unprepared Seth Goden

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Wed Mar 26, 2014 6:38 am

Well, there are so many George stories, I'll have a hard time choosing a favorite. Steve, I can't believe it's been 2 years, either.

Jack fowler
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby Jack fowler » Wed Mar 26, 2014 7:51 am

This was the first time I met George many years ago doing our favorite thing. It was a joke after that we were looking for the same thing.

Edit:

I didn’t have time this morning to tell my story about George so I’ll do an edit and tell it now, since I probably won’t be in Ohio in May .

Years back George and I was at a tractor show and he was driving his motor home. He needed to go into the nearest town and didn’t want to drive the motor home and I offered to take him and he accepted. I was driving an F 150 which was not one of his most favorite trucks because he had problems with one he traded in on his Dodge. Along with the truck that gave him problems he had a Ford backhoe that also gave him problems that Ford couldn’t repair and he was force to trade for another make backhoe…so Ford wasn’t a name he wanted to hear. All the way into town George talked about how bad FoMoCo was and how good his Dodge and new backhoe operated.

I didn’t disclose it to George,but the F 150 was a friend’s truck that I was using because my truck was being used for something else. I didn’t know it at the time, but the F 150 had a bumper sticker supporting President Clinton and the Democratic Party.

We got done doing our business and we walked toward the back of the truck. George stopped and stared at the bumper sticker and I think one side of his handle bar mustache dropped. Needless to say it was a quiet ride back to the tractor show. After a few adult beverages’ I was kidding George how he liked the truck he was riding in. He said "since it was the only transportation he had at the time I guess it was ok, but he wasn’t going to step inside it again until that damn Clinton bumper sticker was taken off."

Years later George was talking about President Clinton and I brought up the time about him riding in a Ford supporting Clinton……after he blew off some steam he laughed about it and said "if he ever rides with me again he will be sure to check for bumper stickers."
Last edited by Jack fowler on Wed Mar 26, 2014 5:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Wed Mar 26, 2014 8:26 am

I never had the pleasure of meeting George. That said, here is a couple of my favorite pictures of some of his babies.

In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:08 am

Jack, we certainly knew the same George! Thanks for the pics, Roy, that was a very memorable day!

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”