This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Another MiniFest in The Jungle.

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Another MiniFest in The Jungle.

Postby Barnyard » Wed Nov 20, 2013 9:36 pm

Cubs were the hot topic today amongst the guys, but hard telling what the women had on their mind. Between Denny Clayton, Larry Gray, Gary Dotson and myself we have our work at Jeff Silvey's Winterfest all planned out. We just never told Jeff what those plans are. We met at Jungle Jim's in Fairfield Ohio to plan our strategy while the women shopped.

As soon as you get to the entrance you know what to expect.

We started heading for the meat and cheese department and had to check out the "Big Cheese".

The sign says it all.

We stopped and grabbed some great little cuts of meat and checked out the old truck on display overhead.

We took a short cut through the soup section. That big can is about eight feet tall and sings. Mmm, mmm, good! Mmm, mmm good! Well you get the idea.

The Jungle has a very extensive inventory of hot sauces. If you can't find it here, they don't make it anywhere in the world.

The guys had to check out some of the various flavors.

There are names of sauces I never heard of. Some of the names would not be allowed to be posted here. :shock:

When we caught up with some of the ladies, Gary took them on a tour of the fortune cookie aisle.

I think this is were Gary was explaining to Denny and Larry the up coming hydraulic installation at the Winterfest.

Here we are as we pose in the vast nut section. Comments are welcome, as well as expected.

Now that everybody has spent two hours shopping and organizing Jeff's CubFest we're ready to go.

Before we all went our separate ways we had to stop for lunch at the Golden Corral. After going back for seconds I wasn't sure if I wanted desert, but I made room for the big bowl of ice cream with nuts, syrup and a big ol' brownie (twice) Yummmm.....

Also along on the trip were Candy Clayton, Cindy Gray, Janice Silvey, Regina Dotson and Miss Rosie.

All in all it was another great manifest with great folks and we think we have the upcoming CubFest figured out, We're just gonna go and let whatever happens, happen.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Jeff Silvey
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 46055
Tractors Owned: -
1950 Demo,1956 w/ FH, 1959 w 59" mower,
Cub L-54 Blade,152 Plow
189 plow, LF 194 Plow, Woods 42" Mower,
Choremaster Garden tractors & Implements
Antique Gas engines

Re: Another MiniFest in The Jungle.

Postby Jeff Silvey » Thu Nov 21, 2013 5:43 am

Bill knowing you guys nothing will surprise me. :big smile:
In my line of work
" EVERYBODY GOES HOME THE NEXT MORNING"

Mr E
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32460
eBay ID: noles1432460

Postby Mr E » Thu Nov 21, 2013 7:56 am

Barnyard wrote:
Here we are as we pose in the vast nut section. Comments are welcome, as well as expected.

With all the nuts around, I'm having trouble finding you guys in the picture!! Where are you? So well camouflaged. :help:
In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity. - Albert Einstein

Image. Circle of Safety

Roy Edenfield
Deep South CubFest #10
February 14 & 15, 2020

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Nov 21, 2013 9:33 am

Barnyard wrote:Here we are as we pose in the vast nut section. Comments are welcome, as well as expected.

I've never seen an olde time post office like that one. But shouldn't you guys be more careful about standing next to your own "WANTED" poster? Were the other 3 posted too?

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Fri Nov 22, 2013 7:35 am

That was a great planning session, got things all figured out for Jeff! Bill's right about the hot sauce, it's hard to believe how many there are to choose from. Personally, I leave them all on the shelf.

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Fri Nov 22, 2013 8:32 am

Gary Dotson wrote:That was a great planning session, got things all figured out for Jeff! Bill's right about the hot sauce, it's hard to believe how many there are to choose from. Personally, I leave them all on the shelf.

Looks like a fun time! I am most impressed that you could get things figured out for Jeff in just on outing! :lol: :||):
David

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 9:53 am

Jim Becker wrote:shouldn't you guys be more careful about standing next to your own "WANTED" poster?

Yeah, that fella in the bibs on the poster resembles Larry. We couldn't find any other posters so we felt safe walking around. I'm thinking about wearing a gorilla costume next time we visit.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Nov 22, 2013 10:15 am

Mr E wrote:With all the nuts around, I'm having trouble finding you guys in the picture!! Where are you? So well camouflaged.

Roy, the photo above with Gary and the women was only half the picture. Here is the same photo with the left side added back in. The left side shows about half the nut section. They have just about every edible nut you can think of either chopped, whole, halved and in small bags, big bags or even bulk where you fill your own bag.

Circle of Safety

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”