Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Fri Sep 27, 2013 5:49 pm

So far the event is going great! The weather is warm and dry and the stories keep coming. Everybody is heading out to the boy scout dinner.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Fri Sep 27, 2013 10:12 pm

20130927_140700.jpg

20130927_182303.jpg

20130927_190533.jpg

20130927_140852.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:41 am

Wow you have a nice crowd, lots of familiar faces !

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:10 am

Image
I was curious if this is an old original uniform IH shirt.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 12:23 pm

Jim there are a lot of those here. They are replicas of the original mechanics uniforms.

Rosie and I are having fun as always. Dan England always enjoyed Cubarama and since there was a rumor this may be the last year for Cubarama I felt obliged to bring the Cub I bought from him.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 6:29 pm

:tears: :thumbsup:

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 9:10 pm

I talked to Jamie, but did not ask about that particular rumor in question, however she seems to be planning for a few more. Was talking about pins for those who have attended for 15 years. This one was #12, so it will be 3 more years to get to #15.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sat Sep 28, 2013 11:46 pm

John *.?-!.* cub owner wrote:I talked to Jamie, but did not ask about that particular rumor in question, however she seems to be planning for a few more. Was talking about pins for those who have attended for 15 years. This one was #12, so it will be 3 more years to get to #15.

Jamie and John mentioned at the Friday dinner that this may have to be the last year due to poor attendance. When I talked to Jaimie later today she said JP had decided this morning to go ahead with another next year.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:01 pm

I hope there is one next year. After finally making it to my first Cubarama I can't wait until the next one. I want to bring my Cub (should be done by next year) so others who enjoy restored working Cub can enjoy it as I have enjoyed looking at other completed Cubs. I also enjoyed meeting like minded Cub owners who appreciate these little but hard working tractors.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Sun Sep 29, 2013 9:05 pm

Oops, I also want to thank Big John P. And Brian for helping me rebuild my hydraulic block as a demonstration for others. This type of dedication to this hobby/life style is very heart warming.

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Mon Sep 30, 2013 6:52 am

Bob Perry wrote:Image
I was curious if this is an old original uniform IH shirt.


Probably a recent re-make. They sell them at our IHC Chapter meetings and at Red Power Round-Up. Found this place online: http://idembroidery.com/Merchant2/merch ... =IHDESIGNS

Check with your local state IHC chapter; even become a member!

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Mon Sep 30, 2013 9:48 am

Kind of curious guys. What was the previous years attendance numbers and what was this year"s :?:

Judging by the turnout at dinner, looks like you almost had a full house ... :D

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:06 am

Rudi wrote:Kind of curious guys. What was the previous years attendance numbers and what was this year"s :?:

Judging by the turnout at dinner, looks like you almost had a full house ... :D

Rudi, I never heard what the numbers were this year. You could tell looking around that Cubs were down and since there is no gate admission it is hard to calculate total number of overall attendance.

The dinner is limited to 100 people so that pretty much is the same year to year and is hard to use to judge show attendance..

Re: Cubarama 2013 - Day 1

Mon Sep 30, 2013 10:15 am

Stanton wrote:
Bob Perry wrote:Image
I was curious if this is an old original uniform IH shirt.


Probably a recent re-make. They sell them at our IHC Chapter meetings and at Red Power Round-Up. Found this place online: http://idembroidery.com/Merchant2/merch ... =IHDESIGNS

Check with your local state IHC chapter; even become a member!

And at $28 a very fair price indeed.