This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Home from the Tug...The hard way!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Home from the Tug...The hard way!

Postby Barnyard » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm

We left about 1:00 pm today and figured we should be home around four. About 7:00 pm we finally got home. We had some heating issues on the way up when we hit construction traffic so we left out trailer at the Tug (a good reason to go back for another visit with some great hosts) figuring we would lighten out load and hoped there would be no backups on a Sunday afternoon. Twenty five miles after we left we hit back ups. We stopped to let it cool down and added water. After it cooled we went on but traffic snagged us again. we repeated the first step and went on again. This time we were getting some mileage in. Finally we couldn't keep it cool and it forced us to stop. I want to give a big thanks to Doug for allowing me to leave the one trailer set for a day or two and another thanks to Bigdog for taking my other trailer from the Tug to his place so I would have a shorter distance to drive when we go to pick it up. On the bright side, after deducting what AAA paid for the tow, I got home cheaper than if I had to put gas in the camper. :D

There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

lildog
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45601
Skype Name: JohnRRatliff

Re: Home from the Tug...The hard way!

Postby lildog » Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I was only kidding when I pushed your RV out of Doug's driveway, but I guess I was being prophetic. Sorry you had troubles, but glad you finally made it home safely and without bigger problems. Sheri and I really enjoyed spending time with you and Rosie this weekend.
John "lildog" Ratliff: Facebook | Twitter

CharlieK
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 40165

Postby CharlieK » Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:33 am

I assume you'll take the PU back to get the trailer--supposed to be cooler this week end--a nascar radiator in that MH will do ya good ifin the h2o pump is working properly--sounds like the TUG was a blast!!!--sorry you and rosie had trouble and glad ya had AAA
get er done; life is good

Bill
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby Bill » Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I have AAA Plus RV for years, never needed it. Nice to see it provide help when needed.
Bill

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”