Home from the Tug...The hard way!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:25 pm

We left about 1:00 pm today and figured we should be home around four. About 7:00 pm we finally got home. We had some heating issues on the way up when we hit construction traffic so we left out trailer at the Tug (a good reason to go back for another visit with some great hosts) figuring we would lighten out load and hoped there would be no backups on a Sunday afternoon. Twenty five miles after we left we hit back ups. We stopped to let it cool down and added water. After it cooled we went on but traffic snagged us again. we repeated the first step and went on again. This time we were getting some mileage in. Finally we couldn't keep it cool and it forced us to stop. I want to give a big thanks to Doug for allowing me to leave the one trailer set for a day or two and another thanks to Bigdog for taking my other trailer from the Tug to his place so I would have a shorter distance to drive when we go to pick it up. On the bright side, after deducting what AAA paid for the tow, I got home cheaper than if I had to put gas in the camper. :D

Re: Home from the Tug...The hard way!

Sun Aug 11, 2013 8:43 pm

I was only kidding when I pushed your RV out of Doug's driveway, but I guess I was being prophetic. Sorry you had troubles, but glad you finally made it home safely and without bigger problems. Sheri and I really enjoyed spending time with you and Rosie this weekend.

Mon Aug 12, 2013 5:33 am

I assume you'll take the PU back to get the trailer--supposed to be cooler this week end--a nascar radiator in that MH will do ya good ifin the h2o pump is working properly--sounds like the TUG was a blast!!!--sorry you and rosie had trouble and glad ya had AAA

Mon Aug 12, 2013 8:31 pm

I have AAA Plus RV for years, never needed it. Nice to see it provide help when needed.
Bill