Anybody going to the Half Century of Progress?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 10:03 am

This show is on my bucket list....

http://www.halfcenturyofprogress.com/index.html

Al

Re: Anybody going to the Half Century of Progress?

Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:50 pm

I will be there Thursday through Sunday early afternoon. I have been to all except the very first one. It is the one show I would never miss. The field demonstrations are unbelievable.

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:10 pm

We might make it over to the show on Friday, would like to anyway!
The problem I have is doing all that walking because things are spread out over 300 acres, with an ACTIVE runway in use by the locals and fly-ins to the show! thanks; sonny

Sun Aug 11, 2013 9:41 pm

I will be there, can't miss it. Sonny, the runways will be closed as of Thurs Aug 22 morn at 6am. The FAA has control over that. They are expecting a bigger turn out than ever as I have read. I be there Thurs evening and Sunday. I have to Mow yards the other days and school is back in session so it gives me little time to get there now.

It is one I can not miss.

Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:11 am

For those looking for a good show, I was there yesterday and I tell you I will be back on Saturday, a lot to see and a lot going on all over. I was told last night the golf carts are all reserved and rented for today. They have several people movers so seeing things may not be too hard. I walked a majority of it and then was able to scab a cart from a friend to see the rest before dark. So many interesting things to see. I would skip school to go but my job is more important than my hobby. HAHA

I be back there Sat night and all day sunday.