This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Thanks to Denny Clayton & Gary Dotson

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

Thanks to Denny Clayton & Gary Dotson

Postby Barnyard » Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:40 pm

I want to send a big thanks to Denny and Gary for their part in setting up the Farmallcub.com area at RPRU. There was a lot of preplanning on Denny's part and he and Gary went up a day early to make sure everything was in place so we would have a nice central meeting point. A lot of visitors stopped by and learned about our group and got some answers about problems they had with their Cubs. Having one big area to meet helped many of the RPRU visitors have an opportunity to see there is an organized Cub group.

Great job guys!
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Re: Thanks to Denny Clayton & Gary Dotson

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Jun 23, 2013 4:36 pm

I wholeheartedly agree! Thank you, Denny and Gary. And you too, Bill, for supplying the tables and chairs. It was great having a place to sit down in the shade and relax between wanderings.
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Gary Dotson
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43358
Tractors Owned: 48 Cub Diesel (Cubota)
53 Cockshutt 20 restored (Shooter)
52 Cockshutt 20 unrestored
47 Leader "B" (Herckie)
49 Leader "D" (Princess)
49 Leader "D" very rough
48 Leader "D" unrestored
Kubota B6200E
Kubota B6200HST
Kubota B8200HST-D

Postby Gary Dotson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 5:59 am

Well, it was nothing, really, but you're entirely welcome. Denny & I both had to make 2 trips, anyway, so it just made sense to make the 1st trip a day early. The hard part was looking the grounds over and deciding which piece of real estate to lay claim to. Once the show was in full swing, it appeared we chose well.

Bill Hudson
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 44057
Tractors Owned: 57 F-Cub - Dad & Mom's Cub
77 F-Cub - Red Long Stripe

Postby Bill Hudson » Mon Jun 24, 2013 7:36 am

You fellows did an outstanding job. Wonderful location, excellent fellowship - what more could you ask for? I do have something for you to consider though. How about you guys picking the spot and setting up next year in South Dakota? Think about it. :)

Bill
Bill

"The probability of life originating from accident is comparable to the probability of the unabridged dictionary resulting from an explosion in a printing shop." Edwin Conklin, biologist

Member of Ohio Chapter #6

Steve H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45371
eBay ID: 937Plumb3360
Tractors Owned: Ford 2n
Ford Jubilee
Case 685
JD 4020
JD x300(mower)
53 F-Cub (dads)
72 Cub(dads)
48 Farmall H

Postby Steve H » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:21 pm

It was great to see the forum represented their they way you guys did it. Good job. Would've loved to stay and chat a while Barnyard but it looked like you had a continous audience wanting to hear and learn about your "hot rod Cub". Seems like people really took a liking to it!
I'M HAVIN A BLAST!!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 24, 2013 10:29 pm

Steve H wrote:It was great to see the forum represented their they way you guys did it. Good job. Would've loved to stay and chat a while Barnyard but it looked like you had a continous audience wanting to hear and learn about your "hot rod Cub". Seems like people really took a liking to it!

Yeah, I turned around and you guys were gone. Sorry I didn't get to talk longer. Come to the Tug and I won't be as busy.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Steve H
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45371
eBay ID: 937Plumb3360
Tractors Owned: Ford 2n
Ford Jubilee
Case 685
JD 4020
JD x300(mower)
53 F-Cub (dads)
72 Cub(dads)
48 Farmall H

Postby Steve H » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:46 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Steve H wrote:It was great to see the forum represented their they way you guys did it. Good job. Would've loved to stay and chat a while Barnyard but it looked like you had a continous audience wanting to hear and learn about your "hot rod Cub". Seems like people really took a liking to it!

Yeah, I turned around and you guys were gone. Sorry I didn't get to talk longer. Come to the Tug and I won't be as busy.

We moved fast because we knew people would be packing up later that afternoon. Hope you don't have to sell a Cub to re coop the fuel bill of starting your tractor up every few minutes. Lol.
I'M HAVIN A BLAST!!!!

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 26, 2013 2:48 pm

Steve H wrote:
Barnyard wrote:

We moved fast because we knew people would be packing up later that afternoon. Hope you don't have to sell a Cub to re coop the fuel bill of starting your tractor up every few minutes. Lol.

I burned about four gallon and it never moved from it's spot. :lol:

Circle of Safety

dgrapes59
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45067
Tractors Owned: 1951 Cub, 2-1955 Loboy w FH, a few plows, discs, mowers, blades, carrier & such
Several '61 CC Originals, Cub Cadet 100, several 102's & 122's, 124, various CC options & implements, #1Trailer, 1963 Springfield, JD 770, Ford 8N

Postby dgrapes59 » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:20 pm

Great Job all, you did Farmallcub.com proud! As noted, it was sure nice to have a shaded place to sit and visit, grab a drink and a snack then head back out! Your efforts were much appreciated!
David

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Jun 26, 2013 8:23 pm

I want to add a thanks to Jeff Silvey. He brought a cooler full of bottled water for everybody to quench their thirst. I know it came in handy a time or two. Thanks Jeff!

Circle of Safety

Rick Prentice
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 43528
Tractors Owned: 47(circle cub),48(Floyd backhoe),49,,51,54 and another 55

Postby Rick Prentice » Thu Jun 27, 2013 9:46 am

I also want to say a big Thank You. It was nice to set down and overlook the pond, along with the nice continuous breeze. I especially want to Thank Denny and Bill for the free ride around the place on their golf carts. Also, I forget her name. but the granddaughter of Larry made some delicious containers of cookies that every one enjoyed :{_}:

Rick
When I told my dad I've been misplacing things and doing stupid stuff----His reply---"It only gets better"

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”