A great big thanks to all who made the Hog Waller fest great

Mon Jun 03, 2013 8:53 pm

I would like to thank all that attended the fest here. As always I had the best time of all :lol:
Thanks to Ed for not starting the conflict back up again :D although he did try hard :wink:
I think this was the best one yet. already looking to next year.
Boss

Re: A great big thanks to all who made the Hog Waller fest g

Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:01 pm

Thanks goes to you and your family David, please tell Joyce, Tammy, Mike and all who helped out we appreciate all the hard work they've done.
We'll have to keep that Ed feller on a shorter leash next year. :lol:

Tue Jun 04, 2013 5:15 am

I laughed so hard it hurt. We had a great time, the cabin was perfect and setting up the tours on Thursday really was great. This fest is one I look forward to every year and its not about the cubs they are a added bonus. I have made some great lasting friendships and it is so much fun to get together. As far as Ed what can you say, we kept him asleep and covered up on the back seat of the truck until we passed the Mason Dixon Line. Ed is a fun guy to travel with and he doesn't like to talk too much about it, but he is a veteran of the Viet Nam war, and a guy who takes a lot of teasing from all of us. He really doesn't even like donuts that much. Oh if you're wondering he was on our side, just kidding Ed. A big thanks to the Boss Hog family, it feels more like a big family reunion than a tractor event.

Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:51 am

i just cant thank everyone enough . its been a long time since i had that much fun without the police being called ( although it came close a couple times , ed knew juuuust when to pull back :lol: ) . i just wish we all didnt live so far away from each other. david and family , FANTASTIC fest . coppersmythe........................................Eds a yankee ?

Wed Jun 05, 2013 8:01 am

David had a great time as usual. Wife really enjoyed it so much she is ready to come back. Thank you and your family for a great fest. Hope to see you in August in Tennessee.

Thu Jun 06, 2013 7:57 am

Family reunion! Awesome time beginning to end!

Separated at birth??

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:13 am

Couldn't be, Larry, Boss has a funny accent. Wait, my sister in law is a Yank, who moved to Georgia, 40 years ago, and now has a funny accent, too. Could it be?? Oh, NO!! Not 2 Reb's in the family!!!!!! Ed

Thu Jun 06, 2013 9:53 am

Thanks again for hosting us Boss....after the previous two weeks, your fest was better than a dose of medicine....can't wait for next year!

Al

Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:44 am

ScottyD'sdad wrote:Couldn't be, Larry, Boss has a funny accent. Wait, my sister in law is a Yank, who moved to Georgia, 40 years ago, and now has a funny accent, too. Could it be?? Oh, NO!! Not 2 Reb's in the family!!!!!! Ed

Larry, I agree with Ed................except they BOTH have a funny accent! :shock: :lol:

Sat Jun 08, 2013 3:38 pm

We didnt make it to Hog Waller this , but thanks to a good man , Joe , and Val ( Val is a good man too) we recieved some fine Yankee goodies that were enjoyed by the family. Thanks guys ! :D

Sat Jun 08, 2013 7:10 pm

I just happened to be at the butcher shop that makes the kielbasa, and they thought it was great that teo of theirs traveled all the way to La. Jim I hope you and that fancy pants piolet make the trip next year.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 8:33 pm

MMMM just had the best supper in ages, jambalaya with boudan sausage! Perfect heat! I was hungry and it sure hit the spot.

Thanks Val!

Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:30 pm

I just shrink wrapped all the left overs so I'll be enjoying all of it until my visit to La this November ( I hope ).
Never enjoyed myself as much and laughed so hard in my life. We spent about as much time laughing and having fun at the cabin as we did at the Cub Fest. What a great bunch of friends.... :||): :lol: I'll be there next year if I have to sleep on the porch. :wink:
Hey, here's a couple pictures of the cabin.

Last edited by Yogie on Sat Jun 08, 2013 11:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:03 pm

joe, my mom is from new jersey , and her father owned a farm where ,among other things, he made homemade keilbasa . he (and his wife, my grandparents) imigrated from ukraine , and there is rumors of family connections with poland . she will be eating some of yours for breakfast sunday morning with your horseradish , and will report her findings to me . i will relay them asap. :wink: coppersmythe...........................ps: i had some this morning with eggs for breakfast , mmmmmmmmmmm.

Sat Jun 08, 2013 10:15 pm

You guys done got to me so I went to the freezer and pulled a bunch of goodies out for tomorrow morning. There's no possible way it'll last until November, what was I thinking. :roll: