This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

♥ Thanks to all who made the Bash a success! ♥

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100
Circle of Safety: Y

♥ Thanks to all who made the Bash a success! ♥

Postby Barnyard » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:01 am

Rosanne and I want to thank everyone who played a part in another successful Barnyard Bash. It never ceases to amaze me how, whenever someone needs a hand with their Cub, so many folks dive in to help. A lot of projects, big and small got done and hopefully no one left with an unfinished goal. We had a good rain shower Friday afternoon, but it never slowed us down. It seems we have always lucked out with the weather.

I do need to throw out a couple special thanks. Bob McCarty came in Tuesday afternoon and went right to work helping get things together. Mike O’Rourke and Thackery showed up Wednesday and jumped right in to help get some of the mowing and shop prep done. David Grapes was once again instrumental in getting Kroger’s to donate the bread, buns, many types of chips, donut holes and other snacks to keep us going for the weekend. The Thursday arrivals helped add the finishing touches. All the ladies once again pitched in to make sure the lunches and dinner was prepared and set out. We can never forget the importance of the women who work behind the scenes.

Of course there were countless folks who helped put out the trash cans, ice down the many coolers of water and soft drinks set out around the barnyard, put up the canopy, and set up the tables/chairs as well as so many other small tasks that needed to be done. Then, when the Bash was finally coming to an end, somebody suggested the stragglers help put everything away. I usually do that myself on Sunday, but this year about a dozen folks started loading tables and chairs on the truck and had them in BOB before you knew it. The big canopy also came down and made ready for storage. I wasn’t expecting all that and it was much appreciated. All of this helped bring us all together for another fun filled weekend.

It is always the guests who make a CubFest great and everyone at the Bash deserves thanks for making this Fest a memorable one. Rosie and I thank you all for your contribution to the fun.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: ♥ Thanks to all who made the Bash a success! ♥

Postby Bigdog » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:45 am

Bill - the Barnyard Bash has always been a first-class event. We look forward to it every year. We know what of effort it takes to pull off something like this. And you and Rosie manage to pull it off! Congrats on a job well done!
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

BIGHOSS
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37087
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub S/N 9216
w/ C-22 Mower

1974 Cub S/N 244814
w/59 Woods Mower

Ford 3000 Gas S/N C375091 w/Bushhog QT2345 Loader & 6' Squealer Bushhog
and a Palomino Mare named GIGI

Postby BIGHOSS » Mon Jun 03, 2013 11:56 am

The boys from TN made it back home with no incidents. By the way there is a Harrison County, Ohio........ East near the PA border. Nuff said!

Thanks again to Bill and Rosie for a first class Cubfest.
"Courage is being scared to death-but saddling up anyway".......John Wayne

10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 43783

Postby 1541 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 6:43 pm

Bill & Rosie, thanks for opening up your home and shop to host such a wonderful event :{_}: Bonnie and I had a great time seeing old friends and making new ones. We don't get to attend as many Cub Fest as we like to but yours is always on the top of our list.

Doug
Buckeye Cub Tug
July 26 & 27, 2024
Somerset, Ohio

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Mon Jun 03, 2013 10:16 pm

Thanks Bill and Rosie for being great host and for putting on a great event! We had a fun time catching up with everyone, and the kids had a blast running around the yard.

I've got some pictures and videos that I need to go through and post... mostly of the twins and whatever they were doing :lol:

I'll also post the recipe for the wipes that Mary made.

On the way home yesterday, we had one of those "oh no, it's starting" moments with the boys... Brendan woke up from his nap saying, "bite, bite", which in 20-month-old speak means "FEED ME NOW!!" Bowling Green was about 20 miles away, so we told him we would stop for food soon. He replied by saying, "go to da-donald". Mary and I glanced at each other in disbelief... "did he just ask to go to McDonald's?!" Then he repeated it!
Jason

sdurnal
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 47201
Tractors Owned: 105 & 127 cadet (sacrificed for a 4wd project)

680 Cadet
1964 LoBoy FH
L-54A Blade
Pennington 3 spindle deck
LF-194 plow

Postby sdurnal » Tue Jun 04, 2013 7:29 am

Yepp, It starts now...hehe Unfortunately, I also had one of those moments, as the wife and I was taking our grandson, (about the same age at the time) to Warner Robins GA. About 8 hrs into the drive, and in the middle of Atlanta, while I was towing a car, he repeated a phrase that I had previously uttered involving a car that decided to switch lanes way too close... Devin's first words were "you idiot"... ouch.. I just kinda slumped in my seat and kept driving... (maybe that phrase was uttered more than once that trip..)
Regards, Stan

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Jun 04, 2013 8:42 am

When our daughter was about that age, her word for McDonalds was food-donalds. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:16 pm

aftermac wrote:Brendan woke up from his nap saying, "bite, bite", which in 20-month-old speak means "FEED ME NOW!!"

You mean the donut holes he had before you left weren't enough? :lol: Glad you guys had a good time, it's always a pleasure to see you all. Thanks also for the Cub Express, that worked out real well.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Hengy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 15101
eBay ID: lacrosseorgans
Skype Name: Mike.Hengelsberg
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub "Merlin"
1955 Cub "Lewis"
Cub Trailer
A-60 Blade
Cub-22 Mower
193 Plow

Postby Hengy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 9:00 am

Bill, thanks for hosting this fest. It was great to see folks that I haven't seen since I got my Cub at Redman's place. I love messing around with these cubs and love just general "BSing" with folks, too.

Thanks again! I'll see you later this year some time!!

Mike
Mike (Happy as a Lark in Allison Park, PA)
Image Image

Check out my Restoration Thread (1955 Cub, Lewis)

aftermac
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 48174
Tractors Owned: 1950 Farmall Cub (iCub)

Postby aftermac » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:38 pm

Barnyard wrote:
aftermac wrote:Brendan woke up from his nap saying, "bite, bite", which in 20-month-old speak means "FEED ME NOW!!"

You mean the donut holes he had before you left weren't enough? :lol: Glad you guys had a good time, it's always a pleasure to see you all. Thanks also for the Cub Express, that worked out real well.

Must not have been enough... and Mary, still unaware of how many donut holes we gave him when she walked away, gave him EVEN MORE after we were on the road!! :shock:

No problem at all for the Cub Express, it was my pleasure.
Jason

Smokeycub
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 44266
Tractors Owned: 48 F Cub #11678
65 Cub Cadet 104
70 450C JD loader
67 Cub Cadet 107
90 B7100HST-D Kubota
72 Cub Cadet 149
54 Super C

Postby Smokeycub » Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:33 am

Thanks Bill for a great event. I was only there for a few hours but I thoroughly enjoyed meeting some of the guys. Thank you again for helping a guy out with the front end!
Ray
Smokeycub
Attachments - 193 plow - 144 cultivator - 22 mower - 28A disc harrow - 54 leveling blade - Woods 59C2 - drag harrows - Mott D9 flail - flat belt pulley
The squeaky wheel may get the grease but it's usually the first to be replaced!

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”