This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

All Good Things Must Come To An End

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120
Circle of Safety: Y

All Good Things Must Come To An End

Postby ricky racer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:50 pm

Rain postponed the annual plow day held by the Buchanan School System in Buchanan, Michigan last weekend. The event was moved to today. Sunny skies and warm, mid 60's temps was on tap for today. You couldn't ask for better weather. The school sponsors the event that has grown year after year to include not just plowing with old tractors and horses. It now includes a petting zoo for the kids, quilting demo's, antique's of various types, pancake and sausage breakfast, lunch and displays of modern machinery brought out by area Ag dealerships.

Once again, I took my '37 John Deere A to the event to pull the wagon giving hay rides for the spectators. I have plowed there over the years but really like pulling the people and watching their faces as I follow along beside the plowing tractors. There is something about watching dirt turn over that seems to be mesmerizing. I first experienced it when I was a young'n riding on the fender of Dad's '49 John Deere Model A while plowing and disking.

There was a good turn out of tractors with John Deere's, Olivers, Fords, Allis Chalmers and Minneapolis Moline's. Surprisingly, no Farmall's were plowing.

Although no Farmall's were plowing a couple were present. I brought along my Cub for my daughter to bop around on. Here is a former co-worker and his Fiancee on my Cub tooling around enjoying the day.

One thing is for sure, you don't want to have tractor problems out there. If you do, They'll just leave you there and plow around you. :lol:

So imagine my embarrassment when my trusty old Model A ran out of gas :oops: with all these tractors breathing down my back. Fortunately, the other Farmall that happened to be there, a little B came to the rescue and kept me from being plowed under.

1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Re: All Good Things Must Come To An End

Postby danovercash » Sat Apr 27, 2013 7:58 pm

Sounds like you had a great day! Someone should have pulled that MM to the end of the furrow.
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

cottonpicker
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35670
Tractors Owned: [3/] 6 CUBs
[2 B farmalls sold]
other old farm stuff [junk to some people]

Postby cottonpicker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:01 pm

Thats a Farmall for you, they are good at moving green stuff. The farmall is actually an A is it not?

ricky racer
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49120

Postby ricky racer » Sat Apr 27, 2013 9:06 pm

No, it's a narrow front B that must have been narrowed. It looks scary to drive, being that narrow offset, with a tricycle front end.
1929 Farmall Regular
1935 John Deere B
1937 John Deere A
1941 John Deere H
1952 John Deere B
1953 Farmall Cub

danovercash
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28081

Postby danovercash » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:12 pm

Saw one like that several years ago. A real widow maker!
"I'd rather be a mechanic in the shop"- Henry Ford

252646 & 221525. 195897 (Gone, but not forgotten)

cottonpicker
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35670
Tractors Owned: [3/] 6 CUBs
[2 B farmalls sold]
other old farm stuff [junk to some people]

Postby cottonpicker » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:21 pm

ricky racer wrote:No, it's a narrow front B that must have been narrowed. It looks scary to drive, being that narrow offset, with a tricycle front end.

I remember seeing one like that, owner said he changed it to mow the yard. His property was rolling, and the irony, he had all his farming tractors changed to wide fronts.

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:05 am

Sounds like a perfect event, fun for everyone!

Could the Farmall be a BN? My cousins husband restored her father's BN. Said the dents on the front were because the tractor didn't have any brakes.

I ran out of gas yesterday... near the top of a hillside trail. I knew the Cub had less than a gallon from Rick P's gauge, just didn't take hill climbing in account :oops:
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

TJG
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby TJG » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:14 am

I think that the BN or "B narrow" is for narrow rear wheels. The rear wheels on the B's were something like 10 feet apart on a lot of them. Most of the B's were narrow front ends.

Todd

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Sun Apr 28, 2013 10:20 pm

I have seen 2 rigs like that, basically an A with a narrow front. Both owners claimed they were B's and came from the factory that way. Both had been rolled. On a slightly different note, those JDs seem to be bad about running out of gas. In a Christmas parade about 3 years ago, one of our members driving a JD in the parade ran out of gas, and I towed him to the finish with my Farmall H. sure wish I had pictures of that.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

v w
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 49053

Postby v w » Mon Apr 29, 2013 7:08 am

There is/was a BN like that at the Coopersville, MI museum. Its serial plate says BN. They change exibits so it may not always be on display. It looks very easy to roll. When I mentioned it on the forum someone said the finals may have been changed. Vern

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”