This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

A look at CubFests from 2012!

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Georgia Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 30528
Tractors Owned: 1975 Cub
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: A look at CubFests from 2012!

Postby Georgia Boy » Wed Dec 26, 2012 12:53 am

Dale Shaw wrote:I wish pics of other fests were added, besides those put on the photohost? Lots of other fests are posted to the forum that could be recognized also. Like Hog Waller and Mid TN.

Even just a blurb that the video was not all inclusive.

I had wondered about that myself.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:23 am

Dale Shaw wrote:I wish pics of other fests were added, besides those put on the photohost? Lots of other fests are posted to the forum that could be recognized also. Like Hog Waller and Mid TN.

You are always welcome to make your own video.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Dec 26, 2012 9:12 am

RaymondDurban wrote:

You are always welcome to make your own video.

Or post the photos in the photohost so a person making the video doesn't have to go back through posts looking for the photos. Anyone who hosts a Cubfest is welcome to have an album created for their CubFest photos in the photohost Events Album. A five minute video takes better than two and a half hours to put together. I go to the photo host because having to search around for the pix take a lot of that time (I do this for fun, I don't expect to get paid for it.) Some members also post their photos on other on line albums, I never went through those either. Other pix I stay away from are ones where there is a group of people and they are so far away or they all have their backs to the camera you can't tell who they are. If I find good clear shots of smiling people or working on a project that makes it better.

My first post starts out saying, "I took some photos from the photo host". That, in itself, would be an indication it is not all inclusive. I'm sorry if you or anyone else feels slighted. That was not intended, but I probably won't change the way I do the next one either.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:36 pm

Nice video! but Wow! Stevie Wonder could see the tension this post has created :shock:
I for one do not understand the cubfest photos on the photohost deal ????
Why do we have a specific section for "cubfest photos" sub-catagory under "tractor pride photos"
if all cubfest photos should be on the photohost? Just wondering?

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Dec 26, 2012 5:43 pm

Homstead wrote:if all cubfest photos should be on the photohost?

There is nothing that I know of that says all CubFest photos should be in the photohost. I have never seen that rule anywhere. The photohost events album was created for anybody who wanted to post photos they took at any given event if they so desired. It is merely meant as a way for everybody to see as many of the photos in one place instead of searching several different sites for them. When I do my videos, I find it just as easy to go to one spot to get the photos. Saves me a lot of time.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Anonymous_h
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Anonymous_h » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:23 pm

Ok I understand the time savings - just seems a little strange when the words
"cubfests from all over" is in the intro.
Thanks for the info

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Wed Dec 26, 2012 7:30 pm

Homstead wrote:just seems a little strange when the words
"cubfests from all over" is in the intro.

That's because they were from all over. Had I had the time to sit down and gather pix from all of them the title would have been "CubFests From Everywhere". :)

Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Thu Dec 27, 2012 8:53 pm

(Barnyard sending a PM to Cubfest Hosts), "I will be putting together a video from pictures in the photohost, of all the cubfests this last year. If YOU have pictures you would like to have added into the video, please insert them into the "cubfest 2012 photohost registry."

Just saying. Dale

By the way, good job on what you did, and we do appreciate it.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Thu Dec 27, 2012 9:52 pm

If anyone checks most all my Cubfest videos from the past six years they will see the photos came from the photohost because the people who post them there expect them to be seen by everyone. I used a photo from someone else that was embedded in another website for a project one time and caught flack. I had to redo the project. That won't happen again. I have also solicited photos from members in the past for special project videos I did, such as the "Cubs at Work" video from a few years back. That was almost a disaster because some photos were so out of focus or dark you could hardly tell what it was about. I discarded those, but I know the owners of those pix probably weren't happy.

Thanks for the comments guys, i will still do a video now and then when I have the time to play around with one.

Circle of Safety

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:15 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:(Barnyard sending a PM to Cubfest Hosts), "I will be putting together a video from pictures in the photohost, of all the cubfests this last year. If YOU have pictures you would like to have added into the video, please insert them into the "cubfest 2012 photohost registry."

That request seems easy enough to understand.

Boss Hog
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 23962
eBay ID: dmb2613

Postby Boss Hog » Thu Dec 27, 2012 10:25 pm

Jim Becker wrote:
Dale Shaw wrote:(Barnyard sending a PM to Cubfest Hosts), "I will be putting together a video from pictures in the photohost, of all the cubfests this last year. If YOU have pictures you would like to have added into the video, please insert them into the "cubfest 2012 photohost registry."

Yes it does
IN GOD WE TRUST
All others pay cash
Boss Hog
Power corrupts; absolute power corrupts absolutely byJohn Emerich Edward Dalberg

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Fri Dec 28, 2012 9:58 am

Boss Hog wrote:
Jim Becker wrote:

Yes it does

Sure it is, although it is always up to the individual creating the video to not use any material he wishes. I don't believe anyone should be required to solicit photos just so somebody doesn't have their feelings hurt. It is much easier for me to move on and do other things than spend the time needed to put these together. I don't think Bob Perry or myself have ever done one of these videos just to get a pat on the back. They were always just a way to entertain the members. It is a shame some look at it differently.

Soon after the first negative responses showed up I started recieving PMs of support thanking me for doing the video and not to take the criticism to heart. I won't take it to heart, but I will use it to decide if and when the next video shows up.

Circle of Safety

John *.?-!.* cub owner
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 63664
Tractors Owned: 47, 48, 49 cub plus Wagner loader & other attachments. 41 Farmall H.

Postby John *.?-!.* cub owner » Fri Dec 28, 2012 11:09 am

I am offended, non of the fests I attended had pictures , and what is worse, there were no pictures of me stretched out in my recliner watching everyone else do the work. Maybe missing that last part was a good idea. :lol: I like it, and it does a good job of showing many of the long time members that don't get around too much any more. It would take an awfully long video to show in depth pictures from every fest. Probably get a little boring before it was over with too. What might be interesting would be if someone wanted to make up a series, showing all the fests, either by time of the year or by state, or maybe region. Whether or not I would take time to watch all of it or not is another story. I just now got around to watch this one due to it being to cold to work outside.
If you are not part of the solution,
you are part of the problem!!!

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Postby Bob Perry » Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:32 pm

Nice job there Bill !!!

REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Steve-N-Tn
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 37090
Tractors Owned: 1953 Farmall Super M
1948 Farmall H
!949 Farmall C
1947 Cub
1950 Cub
1951 Cub
1948 Ford 8N
1949 Ford 8N
1952 Ford 8N
1953 Ford Jubilee
1950 John Deere G

Postby Steve-N-Tn » Sat Dec 29, 2012 6:42 pm

Great job Bill. Lot of fond memories there! Thanks for taking the time to put that to put all that together!! Lookind forward to tne next Cubfest Season and hopefully Ron, Roger and I will have another to add to the fun if JR can make it! See ya at Roy's!! Steve

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”