OK, it isn't so much a Cubfest as it is a tractor show. But in 2012 we had a pretty good group of Cubs (27 or so) and a bunch of guys that I think had a good time. I have now got confirmed dates of April 5 and 6.
It will be part of the East Texas Tractor Show in Canton, on the grounds used by the huge First Monday Trade Days (not at the same time). Virtually all the displays are inside the pavilions. The only exceptions are some of the operating displays, steel wheel tractors and part of the flea market area. Canton is on I-20 about 60 miles east of Dallas and about 130 west of Shreveport, LA. If you want to take a look at the grounds, stick
into google maps and click to the satellite view. The two buildings just south of the green arrow are where the 350 covered display spaces are.
Some features of this event:
- Space is essentially unlimited.
- Somebody else is already taking care of parking, rest rooms, other basic facilities.
- Food vendors on site reduces/eliminates need to plan most meals.
- Lots of room for RVs (hookups available for a fee).
- More than adequate motel availability.
Unfortunately, we have some limitations:
- No full shop available, for big projects.
- There is no place available for plowing or other "earth turning" activities.
- Anyone that doesn't bring an exhibit has to pay admission but the cost is pretty affordable.
The dates are a Friday and Saturday. I don't know how early we can start to move in, but I will probably go down on Thursday for some set-up. I don't think we'll need to do much preparation. There should be space reserved for us.