This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Texas Tumble Ever again??

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

Texas Tumble Ever again??

Postby LARRY BALL » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:02 pm

Does anyone know if there are any plans for a Texas Tumble again? I attended two and had a great time meeting all the guys on the forum.
I have been out of the loop for a while. I am just now getting back on the forum. Haven't slowed down any on collecting cubs. Just picked up my
seventh cub. I have a close friend who has around 10 or 11. I would like to get him involved again. what plans are there for something around the east texas area? Being away from the forum so long and now seeing the changes. Cub parts prices, as high as gasoline. Where did Ralph go?
LARRY BALL

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Re: Texas Tumble Ever again??

Postby Former Member » Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:40 pm

Ralph retired, No more Texas Tumble, Cub prices are down, implement and parts prices are up, there are LOTS of new cubfests- Arkansas, MO., Oklahoma, TN, .........

I bet there are more replies in the morning.

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Yogie » Sat Sep 15, 2012 1:27 am

Just seen Donny( Texas tumble ) last month and he's living in the Fredricksburg, Va area.
Glad to have you back again !
Check this out for more info on events. viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66680
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

Ralph
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 41005
Tractors Owned: Near 200 cubs through the years

Postby Ralph » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:06 am

Dale Shaw wrote:Ralph retired, No more Texas Tumble, Cub prices are down, implement and parts prices are up, there are LOTS of new cubfests- Arkansas, MO., Oklahoma, TN, .........

It was Donny Millar that hosted the Texas Tumble......
Shoot low Sherriff they are Riding Shadows
4 Wheels move the body.....
2 Wheels move the Soul .....

Ralph in ky.

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Sat Sep 15, 2012 8:11 am

Dale Shaw wrote:Ralph retired, No more Texas Tumble, Cub prices are down, implement and parts prices are up, there are LOTS of new cubfests- Arkansas, MO., Oklahoma, TN, .........

Sorry Ralph, I just strung all the changes together. Did not intend to indicate you held the Tumble.

I was trying to answer a bunch of his questions at once. :big afro:

LARRY BALL
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby LARRY BALL » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:01 pm

What about the Cub get together in Mississippi? I think maybe Oxford Ms. I remember him from the Texas Tumble. Has a wealth of information about
Rust removal using Baking soda and electrolsis. Dang, can't remember names anymore. Just remembered the pictures posted. He hosted a couple of
Cub hands on events. Russ, I think was his first name. I might check out the Canton Texas Show. maybe Mountainview Arkansas. What I kiked about Donny's Tumble was it was close for me ( a no-brainer) and my buddy. But the "on hands" repairs we did on everyones tractor from "c" Carb/overhaulin, to "D" distributor and "M" magneto repair. With "S" for steering repair. Enjoyed meeting all the forum guys and the implement and rust removal exhibition.
Then you plowing, discing, and Cub demonstration events. Not to mention some of the " best darn Texas B-B-Q ya ever et' !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :{_}: :{_}:

omedays I get Brainstorms 8) :lol: :{_}: .... and Somedays Just Rain :( :oops: :roll:
LARRY BALL

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Sat Sep 15, 2012 3:32 pm

Times change, people's situations change. Some Cubfests have gone away and others have been added. Since the Texas Tumble ended, no one in Texas has jumped in and started another one. We had a Cub gathering at the Canton, Texas show last spring. It wasn't a Cubfest in the usual sense. But we had several members of this board that attended and I think all had a good time.

A Cubfest calendar for 2012/2013 is pinned to the top of the Cubfest topic list. http://www.farmallcub.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=66680 Besides the Canton show, some relatively nearby for Texans have been added to the schedule in the last year or two: Mountain View, Arkansas and Dewey, OK.

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Postby Bob McCarty » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:01 pm

Russ Leggitt held the Mississippi Cubfests just outside of Oxford.
Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

redfin
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 70737

Postby redfin » Sat Sep 15, 2012 6:24 pm

Bob is ocrrect and it was called Woodson Ridge IIRC :D Mr Russ and Mrs Martha are two of the finest folks you will ever meet...... :D

Mike in Louisiana
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71023

Postby Mike in Louisiana » Sun Sep 16, 2012 7:58 am

Hello Larry, Good to see you back again. Yes the tt was close and i enjoyed both times i attended. If yon can make the deep south cub fest in February you won't be sorry.
1975 cub (LouAnn) serial # 245946, 1941 John Deere Model H

Good judgment comes from experience,
and a lot of that comes from bad judgment. Will Rogers

tmays
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 39154
Tractors Owned: 1969 Farmall Cub
1952 Cub
1942 Farmall H

Postby tmays » Sun Sep 16, 2012 8:13 am

redfin wrote:Bob is ocrrect and it was called Woodson Ridge IIRC :D Mr Russ and Mrs Martha are two of the finest folks you will ever meet...... :D

I couldn't agree more Jim :)
Thomas

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”