This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

**UPDATE** RPRU and Golf Carts

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Cub-Bud
Team Cub Guide
Team Cub Guide
Zip Code: 38658
eBay ID: Cub-Bud
Tractors Owned: Four FCUBs, one IH Lo-Boy, one B Farmall, two Cadets, and a John Deere B.
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: **UPDATE** RPRU and Golf Carts

Postby Cub-Bud » Fri Jul 13, 2012 8:52 am

It has gone unsaid, but I am sure RPRU and DuQuoin Fairgrounds would prefer only adults to drive the carts, rented or personal, around the show. My son, Landon, and my Nephew, Cole, are coming with dad and I to the show. I have already informed them that they are not allowed to drive the cart at RPRU.
"Never forget where it is you come from, or you may find yourself someplace you don't want to be"

Greg Norman

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CubitisNH
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby CubitisNH » Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:47 pm

Thank you in advance for having common sense with youthful operators.Most IH shows of this size have rules for exhibiters,vendors and spectators,but they aren't always adhered to.
Mike
How can you have too many Cubs????

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 35630

Re: **UPDATE** RPRU and Golf Carts - SLIGHT CRISIS

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:21 am

I called this morning to book/rent a golf cart for Friday & Saturday at the Red Power Roundup. I had called several months before and was told there would be plenty to go around and to just wait til it got closer to book one so I could be sure of the size we would need. I had no idea that they Closed the reservations LAST WEEK!! We have a couple of golf carts of our own, but didn't want to haul one up there and back, also after reading on here where you have to have the liability insurance; we didn't want to have to deal with getting that since we don't currently have the cart registered. I'm sure that is a lengthy process that would take a while.

My grandfather is going and has bad knees and I need to figure out how I can bring one of our golf carts, or rent one there. I was all excited to call and rent one until she told me there was nothing they could do except for us to get there and see if there might be extras. We are driving way too far to take that chance!

If anyone knows the process, or what to do about getting liability on a golf cart; please share. Looks like we will be bringing our own cart insurance or not. :|
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:26 am

Hey guys.....I just read the first page of the post and saw where you all were talking about the insurance deal. I will be checking on that today! THANKS!
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

:tractor: Follow my page "Alabama Tractor Pickers" on YouTube & Facebook! :tractor:

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Jul 17, 2012 11:47 am

AL Farmall Boy wrote:If anyone knows the process, or what to do about getting liability on a golf cart; please share. Looks like we will be bringing our own cart insurance or not.

I am not sure what it is like south of the 49th, but up here all I have to do is call my Insurance Agent and they will simply add a rider to my auto/home policy to cover items such as a golf cart/riding mower/tractor/etc.... We use an annual rider (covers any vehicle/motorized equipment that we rent) which is cheaper than one time only coverage as well as cheaper than 1 days's coverage from the rental company.

We don't really shop for insurance, we have had the same agent for 27 years and we have never regretted sole sourcing our insurance needs, they always give us the best prices (and yes I have checked on line over the years) combined with the best service. We keep a minimum $2,000,000.00 liability on our policies.

So I would suggest you give your Insurance Agent a call and inquire about rider availability.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

AL Farmall Boy
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby AL Farmall Boy » Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:01 pm

**UPDATE**

Called the agent back, and he checked on the golf cart insurance. He said apparently things have changed and he wasn't aware that it was available. He said we could get a policy for a month and then just cancel it. Sounds like things are going the way they should now. WHEW!

Grandparents called State Farm Insurance to check on the liability for the golf cart. Not sure what specifics they told the agent, but all I know is that they said they can't get insurance on the cart. The agent told them they do not offer insurance for it. I told my grandmother that it might be something they could add to the current policy on the pickup truck, so I am sure she mentioned that.

Is there anyone that has had expierence with this through State Farm??
Regards,
Chase
205-368-5339
ihfarmallrtr@gmail.com

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”