This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Some work on the old 48 at the Bash

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
poppy-1948
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 45693
Tractors Owned: 1930 Farmall Regular
1948 F Cub
1950 Farmall H
1956 International 350U
1982 John Deere 750

Some work on the old 48 at the Bash

Postby poppy-1948 » Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:34 pm

Thanks again for all the help on the 48. There were several guys who helped but rather than try to name them, I'll just say I am always amazed at how willing everyone is to help out an old guy who loves his dad's cub.

The "new" mag got installed after a couple of sets of points somehow got a little fried. Who knew that the wiring is different when switching from an external coil to a regular mag. ??? :lost:

Got the hood off on Saturday morning to change some wiring. It was probably better that it was outside the shop since who knows what can happen when the hood comes off in the shop. :?:

Some of you will recognize the one doing the valve adjusting. As far as I know, the engine had never been opened up since it came from the factory.

I was surprised that nothing other than the valve cover needs to come off to adjust the valves, although it probably helped that the gas line was out of the way and gov. linkage was disconnected.

Rick was kind enough to give the old '48 a test run.

Once again, I had a great time.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

CapeCodCubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02747
Tractors Owned: .
1948 F Cub Fast hitch
1949 F Cub
1950 F Cub Fast hitch
1965 Loboy Fast hitch
1966 Loboy with 1000 loader
1976 International Cub
several walk behind garden tractors
(20) FastHitch implements
tons' of cultivating and planting stuff
C-16 Cub Middlebuster
(2) A33 Cub bean harvester
NOS Planet Jr. planter
172 planter, large combo hopper, 101A fertilzer hopper
Cole 250# fertilizer hopper with chain drive.

Re: Some work on the old 48 at the Bash

Postby CapeCodCubs » Mon Jun 04, 2012 2:11 pm

That was nice that you got a lot of help at the Cubfest. Really cool that you have your dad's tractor. Still in the family!

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”