Switch to full style
The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.

Forum rules

ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Post a reply

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 am

david, i dont know how to thank you enough for the fine time you gave us all. i have to agree with yogie, my face still hurts from laughing. you and your family did a "bang" up :wink: job. i enjoyed getting to know some folks a little better, thanks to everyone there, ya'll made it memorable. coppersmythe.............................

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:05 am

I cant add anything except my own personal thanks for a great time.Your family worked nonstop behind the scenes and deserve a huge thanks as well.Nothing better than driving 900 miles and being treated like family. Southern hospitality at its best.

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 7:19 am

I had a fantastic time Boss, I can't thank you enough for all your help with that 66 - could not have done it without you. :||):
Please thank your wife and kids for all thier hard work again for me, and those awesome chicken fryin fellows as well.

Also a big thank you to Cecil for performing your carb magic and technical assistance. :{_}:
Attachments
DSC_2700.jpg
DSC_2733.JPG

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:50 am

Boss, Thanks for a great weekend. Hope the back is feeling better today. I had a long travel day, storms in Dallas kept me in Richmond and Dallas for 2 extra hours in each airport. As others have said, the weather was great, the chicken was great and there will be some good stories floating around for a while. See you at the Bash!

Thanks again, Bob

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:07 pm

Just arrived home. Thanks for a fantastic time Boss. It was good meeting some new folks as well as seeing the regulars again. :D

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Mon Apr 16, 2012 6:03 pm

Got home about an hour ago. Good to see all the old friends and make a few new ones. Thanks, Boss, for a fun Saturday.


Roy

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:45 am

Dale Shaw wrote:Hogfest 2012 was awesome. Wonderful people, Wonderful host, Wonderful time, and wonderful lowboy to win the first annual Hogwaller Cubfest and Pull with by 13 feet :big afro: .

Image


I got a feeling that the price of that (next to last) lo-boy just went up :D

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 11:25 am

Boss thanks for a great time as usuall. I need the recipe for the chicken. It was wonderful. Great time with great friends. Next stop is CT.

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:03 pm

Cecil wrote:Boss thanks for a great time as usuall. I need the recipe for the chicken. It was wonderful. Great time with great friends. Next stop is CT.

I wonder if they give the recipe to Yankees? (Translation for Cape Cod Cubs, I mean Northern folks, NOT the baseball team) Ed

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:30 pm

ScottyD'sdad wrote:
Cecil wrote:Boss thanks for a great time as usuall. I need the recipe for the chicken. It was wonderful. Great time with great friends. Next stop is CT.

I wonder if they give the recipe to Yankees? (Translation for Cape Cod Cubs, I mean Northern folks, NOT the baseball team) Ed


Big difference!

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 5:35 pm

Actually 'Yankee' to me means a New Englander of English descent..... early 'settlers' that never realized how nice the rest of the country is, and stayed ('settled' for what was here). Of course, that could get you in a brawl around here unless you had some Irish, French or Portuguese watching your back. Sorry Joe and Ed, hardly any Poles in these parts, but obviously they are not Yankees either. So I am guessing that leaves Cape Cod Cubs as our token Yankee :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 6:39 pm

I think that, to the "Rebels", Yankee means the "Northern Agressors", no matter where they came from, or their country of origin. Ed

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 7:54 pm

Joe Malinowski wrote:I am still sore from laughing, I think Redfin may still be napping at the camp. Thanks for all of the work you and the family do to pull this off. You are one of a kind Boss.


Thank you Boss for bringing us together again and giving us the opportunity to share some time with our friends. The accomodations and entertainment were outstanding . To the guys that roughed it at the camp site , thanks for an awewsome weekend..

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:05 pm

Buzzard Wing wrote:Actually 'Yankee' to me means a New Englander of English descent..... early 'settlers' that never realized how nice the rest of the country is, and stayed ('settled' for what was here). Of course, that could get you in a brawl around here unless you had some Irish, French or Portuguese watching your back. Sorry Joe and Ed, hardly any Poles in these parts, but obviously they are not Yankees either. So I am guessing that leaves Cape Cod Cubs as our token Yankee :lol:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yankee


According to Larry’s definition of what a New Englander (Yankee) is I would fall under that description. I have 6 Mayflower ancestors on my mother’s side and my 6th great grandfather on my father side was a Minute Man who fought in the revolutionary war (Oliver Phillips)
and no Poles on either side.

Re: Great Hog Waller fest

Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:46 pm

swap Yankee from my mothers side. Canadian on my fathers side. Don't venture south to often
Post a reply