This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pictures from Cub Fest ?

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pictures from Cub Fest ?

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:53 pm

I would say either one Al. It would be up to the member as to which section he wanted it in, as either would be appropriate, as long as the discussion stays on an educational, technical, "what do you guys think?" track. As soon as it veers off to a "I gotta move this soon", "will soon be for sale after I patch a few things up" or "now accepting offers" or anything close to these words, it's gonna get moved.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:54 pm

Al, I know you're not making an arguement and I understand the confusion. If a person finds a Cub and just wants to show their cool find I would think it would go in Tractor Pride. Now, if they find that Cub and ask a question, such as "What shade of white were these" or "Did these come with hydraulics", then you would be asking a technical question. Also, if they are posting the pic because someone asks what a demo looks like, it would go in the main forum. I guess you can say there is a fine line in some situations.

I have been as guilty as anyone with my postings whenever I find one. I just have to remember to put it in the right forum whenever I haul one home from now one.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 5:06 pm

There are times when it is difficult to determine where one should post a topic. For the most part we must rely on the integrity of our long time forum members who really do know where things should be posted to keep this at a minimum. Those who blur the lines make it difficult for new members to make proper decisions.
There is a great difference between sharing information for the benefit of others and promoting interest for one's own benefit.
There was a time when it was really rare to move or delete a post. As the forum grows it is becoming more frequently necessary to moderate in various ways. We will continue to do our best but help from the forum membership following the posted rules really helps.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:19 pm

One of the biggest problems is the failure of folks to actually read ... or better yet actually look at the forum headers. If one paid attention to them, it would be obvious what to do. Also if one used the main forum index as your point of entry to the site then you would automatically see all of the forums which have new topics. Very simple actually.

Dale Shaw wrote:problem is most new folks and seldom visitors are not aware of the new cubfest forum.

An example this last cubfest was Thiggy, planning for Fl. Flywheelers because he did not know about the DSCF because he did not know about the new forum.

If you look at the top of each forum where the Global Announcements are posted you will find -- amazingly, the CubFests and Gatherings Calendar 2012 and all of the CubFests and Gatherings that we know of are posted chronologically in that thread. How much simpler does it need to be?

ctdnwakulla wrote:I totaly agree, I have gotten lost for hours exploring this forum, especially the How to forum.

That has been a problem for a long time. One of the first solutions was the original CBoK .. which essentially was an index sorted by topic of the items that were available in the How To Forum. It then evolved into the current CBoK .. which has now kinda morphed into what we now see as the How To Forum with Sub-Forums. This is a major improvement and one that our members need to become used to. Bill did a really good job on that one,

The CBoK will probably evolve into something different than it is at the moment - still basically a catalog of really neat projects, tools, ideas and articles of interest to Cubbers.

However, our members also need to be aware of the various resources that are available on the site. It is not sufficient to simply point and click, one needs to be aware and to be aware means one needs to explore. While it is the job of the moderators to move posts etc. as required, it would be most considerate of our members to remember that we mods also like to read the forums as well so being aware and posting in the correct forums lessens the workload. As BD mentioned we never had to move many posts before, but that workload has increased dramatically over the last year or so.

Dale Shaw wrote:problem is most new folks and seldom visitors are not aware of the new CubFest forum.

Bye the bye, mentoring is not the sole purview of the moderators or the Team Cub Guides but is something that each and everyone of us should strive to achieve, even if that contribution is simply helping members learn to navigate the site.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:22 pm

Barnyard wrote:Al, I know you're not making an arguement and I understand the confusion. If a person finds a Cub and just wants to show their cool find I would think it would go in Tractor Pride. Now, if they find that Cub and ask a question, such as "What shade of white were these" or "Did these come with hydraulics", then you would be asking a technical question. Also, if they are posting the pic because someone asks what a demo looks like, it would go in the main forum. I guess you can say there is a fine line in some situations.

I have been as guilty as anyone with my postings whenever I find one. I just have to remember to put it in the right forum whenever I haul one home from now one.

The Tractor Pride forums are only about a year old. It has taken some time for people to get accustomed to the idea of having a separate place for that type of post and that isn't surprising. But it has now been a year and members are getting a lot better at putting appropriate posts into the Pride forums.

How many times has someone asked for a picture of whatever? With the Tractor Pride forums, they have a reasonable chance of finding it, and the chances get better all the time as more posts are added. For example, if you want to see a picture of a mower on a Lo-Boy and you search the Pride Forums, you find 2 1/2 on the first page.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”