This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Pictures from Cub Fest ?

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
David Billingsley
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 62521
Tractors Owned: 1952 Cub

Pictures from Cub Fest ?

Postby David Billingsley » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:39 pm

Anyone have any pictures or news from the Cub Fest this past weekend ?

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac
Circle of Safety: Y

Re: Pictures from Cub Fest ?

Postby Bob McCarty » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:41 pm

"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 45030
Tractors Owned: At This Time
40 Farmall Cubs (Round Hood)
2 Farmall Cub (Square Hood)
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:47 pm

David, if you go to the CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions forum there is a slew of posts pertaining to the Cubfest this passed weekend.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:00 pm

problem is most new folks and seldom visitors are not aware of the new cubfest forum.

An example this last cubfest was Thiggy, planning for Fl. Flywheelers because he did not know about the DSCF because he did not know about the new forum.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:05 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:problem is most new folks and seldom visitors are not aware of the new cubfest forum.

An example this last cubfest was Thiggy, planning for Fl. Flywheelers because he did not know about the DSCF because he did not know about the new forum.

That is exactly right, that is why David was directed there. This is how they learn about these things.

However, the announcement forum has always been a part of this sight, it was recently renamed and brought ought where it is more easily found.

Many members only go to the main forum and the classifieds. They are missing out on a lot that is offered here by not exploring.
There are two ways to get enough Cubs. One is to continue to accumulate more and more. The other is to desire less.

Circle of Safety

Wakulla Bill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 32327
Tractors Owned: Now
73 MF 165
63 MF 203 Ind
44 BF Avery "A" Project
51 Farmall Cub
49 Farmall Cub
48 Farmall Super A

Postby Wakulla Bill » Mon Feb 20, 2012 11:57 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Dale Shaw wrote:problem is most new folks and seldom visitors are not aware of the new cubfest forum.

An example this last cubfest was Thiggy, planning for Fl. Flywheelers because he did not know about the DSCF because he did not know about the new forumThat is exactly right, that is why David was directed there. This is how they learn about these things.

However, the announcement forum has always been a part of this sight, it was recently renamed and brought ought where it is more easily found.

Many members only go to the main forum and the classifieds. They are missing out on a lot that is offered here by not exploring.

I totaly agree, I have gotten lost for hours exploring this forum, especially the How to forum.
"Work smarter; Not harder"

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:04 am

You are exactly right, Dale. I have finally learned to punch "show new posts" when I check in, but personally I would love to see some of the subforums consolidated to the main farmall cub forum.

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 21, 2012 9:21 am

Super A wrote:...personally I would love to see some of the subforums consolidated to the main farmall cub forum.

The problem with consolidating is, there ends up being so much in a single forum it begins to be hard to find subjects. A lot of information gets pushed to the next page rather quickly at times and becomes "lost". This is why the "How To" forum was broken down into several topics.

Keeping the technical stuff away from the gardening stuff and the gardening stuff away from the Cubfest stuff, etc, etc makes it a lot easier to find a particular post.

Circle of Safety

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Postby Bigdog » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:19 pm

The sub forums are laid out in a logical pattern. Users just need to stop dumping everything into the main forum where technical, repair and maintenance topics should be discussed.
Speaking from a moderator's viewpoint, nothing is more frustrating than seeing a new post that is prefaced by "I know this is in the wrong forum but......" If you know it is the wrong place to post it then put it in the right place! New users (and many old timers) will never explore outside the main forum if everything keeps getting dumped in there.
There is a forum for cubfests and gatherings and the off-topic forum and these two forums should comprise the bulk of non-technical use.
Items for sale and items being sought need to go in the for sale forum / sub forums. We have tried to organize things to keep users from having to search through every post to find what they need.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Winfield Dave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 17953
Tractors Owned: ......Almost enough.
N3NIK

Postby Winfield Dave » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:53 pm

Bigdog wrote:The sub forums are laid out in a logical pattern. Users just need to stop dumping everything into the main forum where technical, repair and maintenance topics should be discussed.
Speaking from a moderator's viewpoint, nothing is more frustrating than seeing a new post that is prefaced by "I know this is in the wrong forum but......" If you know it is the wrong place to post it then put it in the right place! New users (and many old timers) will never explore outside the main forum if everything keeps getting dumped in there.
There is a forum for cubfests and gatherings and the off-topic forum and these two forums should comprise the bulk of non-technical use.
Items for sale and items being sought need to go in the for sale forum / sub forums. We have tried to organize things to keep users from having to search through every post to find what they need.

:thumbsup:
Dave
"More gold has been mined from the thoughts of men than has been taken from the earth." -- Napoleon Hill

Former Member
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Former Member » Tue Feb 21, 2012 1:54 pm

I agree totally with the concept
Bigdog wrote:The sub forums are laid out in a logical pattern. Users just need to stop dumping everything into the main forum where technical, repair and maintenance topics should be discussed.

I was just expressing concern from another members standpoint, and the disappointment he had in missing the cubfest. That and there are still things that are felt that everyone needs to see, including new and old members who do not stray from the main forum yet.

I will use myself in this example:
My niche is finding rare, odd, hard to find and seldom seen cub items and getting them into the hands of those that WILL use them, or SHOW them, so that other Cub folks can see them, keeping the history alive. This helps folks to recognize cub stuff when they see it.

The second part of my niche is rescuing old cubs, getting them so that they are usable (not restored) and getting them back into gardens. The ones that can't be saved are used as parts to save others. The parts I do not need get sold to others to save their cubs.

All of this requires that the items be sold, to pay my expenses and to find other odd and rare items and implements and rescue cubs. This includes NOS items and re purposed items.

I recently posted my Hub City Reverser/reducer on the forum and was told that I can't post stuff that Will be for sale, until it is for sale.

This eliminates everything I have or find, because the only things I have not for sale are my wife and dog.

This prevents everyone from seeing neat stuff.

Just trying to keep this site the best, most informative cub site on the web and encouraging other members new and old to keep this history alive.

RaymondDurban
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 32536

Postby RaymondDurban » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:21 pm

Dale Shaw wrote:I was just expressing concern from another members standpoint, and the disappointment he had in missing the cubfest. That and there are still things that are felt that everyone needs to see, including new and old members who do not stray from the main forum yet.

My niche is finding rare, odd, hard to find and seldom seen cub items and getting them into the hands of those that WILL use them, or SHOW them, so that other Cub folks can see them, keeping the history alive. This helps folks to recognize cub stuff when they see it.

The second part of my niche is rescuing old cubs, getting them so that they are usable (not restored) and getting them back into gardens. The ones that can't be saved are used as parts to save others. The parts I do not need get sold to others to save their cubs.

All of this requires that the items be sold, to pay my expenses and to find other odd and rare items and implements and rescue cubs. This includes NOS items and re purposed items.

I recently posted my Hub City Reverser/reducer on the forum and was told that I can't post stuff that Will be for sale, until it is for sale.

This eliminates everything I have or find, because the only things I have not for sale are my wife and dog.

Just trying to keep this site the best, most informative cub site on the web and encouraging other members new and old to keep this history alive.

So what you are saying is that you buy and sell stuff for profit, regardless of how "rare" it is. Nothing wrong with that, but it needs to be posted in the correct Forum for the above stated reasons. If you truly are wanting to post something that is odd, rare, or rarely seen for educational purposes for everyone's benefit, post a photo of the item in the proper manner. But as soon as words such as "for sale" or "value" or "how much is this worth?" are used referencing that you are looking to offload said item, it's gonna get moved to the correct section of this site.
"Advertising" stuff in the main Cub Forum should not be allowed no matter what the item or how "rare" it may be.

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 21, 2012 3:45 pm

RaymondDurban wrote:
Dale Shaw wrote:I was just expressing concern from another members standpoint, and the disappointment he had in missing the cubfest. That and there are still things that are felt that everyone needs to see, including new and old members who do not stray from the main forum yet.

So what you are saying is that you buy and sell stuff for profit, regardless of how "rare" it is. Nothing wrong with that, but it needs to be posted in the correct Forum for the above stated reasons. If you truly are wanting to post something that is odd, rare, or rarely seen for educational purposes for everyone's benefit, post a photo of the item in the proper manner. But as soon as words such as "for sale" or "value" or "how much is this worth?" are used referencing that you are looking to offload said item, it's gonna get moved to the correct section of this site.
"Advertising" stuff in the main Cub Forum should not be allowed no matter what the item or how "rare" it may be.

First of all, I want to express much respect and appreciation for this site and for the work that all the moderators do. I think was Dale is saying is, he might acquire something unusual, that maybe he hasn't decided to sell yet but that members might be interested in seeing. For example, he finds a factory-original, still white, unmolested white demo. He makes a post on the regular Cub board basically saying "hey, look at this cool demonstrator I just found. I might sell it one day, but I wanted everyone to be able to see what an original demo looks like." To me, I don't see anything wrong with this. For that matter, I wouldn't see anything wrong with him posting about how he found it, and saying "BTW, it's for sale." if that were to bother me, I would just scroll on....

I think the moderators work very hard to make this board as user-friendly as possible and it is appreciated. The only comment/criticism I will make is to not over-moderate. For example, we don't need a forum on transmissions, one on engines, one on steering wheels, one on lug bolts, etc. :lol: If there is a disagreement, the thread doesn't need to be locked as long as everyone remains civil. Sometimes things just sort of find their place and the discussion just needs to run its course. I see this board as a community, and ultimately that's how communities in the real world tend to work.

Thanks again for this forum!

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Barnyard
Team Cub
Team Cub
2 IH Cubs (Square Hood)
5 Lo-Boys (Round Hood)
2 Lo-Boys (Square Hood)
2 Farmall 404's
1 Farmall H
1 Ferguson 20
1 Cub Cadet 125
1 Kubota B-7100

Postby Barnyard » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:27 pm

Super A wrote:For example, he finds a factory-original, still white, unmolested white demo. He makes a post on the regular Cub board basically saying "hey, look at this cool demonstrator I just found. I might sell it one day, but I wanted everyone to be able to see what an original demo looks like." To me, I don't see anything wrong with this. For that matter, I wouldn't see anything wrong with him posting about how he found it

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone posting anything like that. In fact, I believe this site encourages that sort of thing. I might be wrong, but I suspect that is why the "Tractor Pride Photo Forum" was created. As far as selling, If the owner is going to say "Oh, by the way, it is for sale" then he already knows he is selling it and it should be posted appropriately in the classifieds.

Circle of Safety

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Tue Feb 21, 2012 4:45 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Super A wrote:For example, he finds a factory-original, still white, unmolested white demo. He makes a post on the regular Cub board basically saying "hey, look at this cool demonstrator I just found. I might sell it one day, but I wanted everyone to be able to see what an original demo looks like." To me, I don't see anything wrong with this. For that matter, I wouldn't see anything wrong with him posting about how he found it

And there is absolutely nothing wrong with anyone posting anything like that. In fact, I believe this site encourages that sort of thing. I might be wrong, but I suspect that is why the "Tractor Pride Photo Forum" was created. As far as selling, If the owner is going to say "Oh, by the way, it is for sale" then he already knows he is selling it and it should be posted appropriately in the classifieds.

So in a case like that should it go in the "tractor pride" forum, or in the farmall cub forum? It's a pic of a tractor, to describe what an original demo looked like. Isn't that a technical discussion?

Please understand I am not trying to argue or find fault, just thinking out loud and illustrating what can happen when we try to be "too" organized.

Nothing further yer honor...... :D

Al

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”