Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 4:42 pm

Does anybody need any special tools at DSCF? A lot of guys have tools for special use but may not bring them unless they are needed. If anyone needs a specific tool or tester, how about letting us know so we can pack it along.

I can bring my radiator tester and cycle bar servicer if needed. Let me know by Tuseday night if you need them so I can load them. I won't drag them along if not needed.

How about the rest of you guys? What can you bring or what do you need?

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:14 pm

Bill , could you bring the radiator tester ? I saw it at Stonethrow and it works very well . :D

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:17 pm

You got it, I'll pack it tomorrow. If anyone else has a radiator and is in doubt, bring it along.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:18 pm

Don't need any Cub tools. But, if someone has a vehicle computer code reader that they could bring along, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:22 pm

Just so you know, I have most (but not all) of Earl's special tools if anyone needs them. I do have the tank neck tool.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:23 pm

Don, just saw your post. You having vehicle problem? My mechanic friend will be here on Saturday for sure. I can ask him to bring his computer if you need me to do so.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:25 pm

Mr E wrote:Just so you know, I have most (but not all) of Earl's special tools if anyone needs them. I do have the tank neck tool.

Roy, do you have a tub big enough to sumerge a radiator in?

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:26 pm

No problem, Roy. I just need to reset the Check Engine light. If he could bring it, that would be great.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:28 pm

Don McCombs wrote:No problem, Roy. I just need to reset the Check Engine light. If he could bring it, that would be great.


He has done that several times for me on my granddaughter's car. I'll be sure to get him to bring it. It will make him feel useful !!! (Payment for some of the food he'll enjoy :lol: :lol: )

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:41 pm

I will be bringing some of Earl's tools if anyone is interested in purchasing them. Also some of his implement bolts.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 5:50 pm

Hey Roy, as for the Demo's, If anyone want's I would be glad to do one on re-inserting the Pto assembly back into the cub, If anyone needs it done..

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:08 pm

Dale,
I don't want to over schedule the demo sessions until we see how well it goes. With a lot of projects going on, I am afraid if we get too many demos they may not be well attended.

However, if someone needs a PTO installed, we will sure keep you in mind. Thanks for the offer! Ane there is always next year to plan for.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:13 pm

Barnyard wrote:
Mr E wrote:Just so you know, I have most (but not all) of Earl's special tools if anyone needs them. I do have the tank neck tool.

Roy, do you have a tub big enough to sumerge a radiator in?


Well, Bill, I answered your post, but I don't know what happened to it. :oops: :oops:

I have a tub exactly like Corky's E-tank tub. Mine is also set up as an E-tank, just like his. If it is not in use, a radiator should fit in there nicely. It will be empty at the beginning of the Fest, so we can use it for whatever purpose we need it.

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 6:16 pm

Mr E wrote:
Barnyard wrote:
Mr E wrote:Just so you know, I have most (but not all) of Earl's special tools if anyone needs them. I do have the tank neck tool.

Roy, do you have a tub big enough to sumerge a radiator in?


Well, Bill, I answered your post, but I don't know what happened to it. :oops: :oops:

I have a tub exactly like Corky's E-tank tub. Mine is also set up as an E-tank, just like his. If it is not in use, a radiator should fit in there nicely. It will be empty at the beginning of the Fest, so we can use it for whatever purpose we need it.

I will use it to test the radiators. If I find a suitable one before I leave I will pick it up. I just wondered in case it is needed. Thanks!

Re: Special Tools at DSCF

Sat Feb 11, 2012 8:57 pm

Is anyone doing tire/tube repairs...Yogie???? I saw you wrestling tires at Boss' last year, so don't know if you are going to DSCF or if you are willing, but I have a slow leak on my '52 and haven't had a chance to have it checked. Don't even know if they can be repaired? Could be stem or tube, couldn't it? Oh well, if not at the DSCF, then after I get home.