This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Cub Pics

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 28521
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...
Circle of Safety: Y

Cub Pics

Postby Super A » Sun Jan 15, 2012 10:59 pm

Had a chance to attend a show/plow day near Tarboro, NC yesterday. This is the second year for this event, held on the Eddie Dail farm.

I figured folks would like this spreader..... :wink:

Nice yellow and white with a fast hitch plow

Nice Cub with a HV in the background

Peanut thresher. The host had a bunch of peanuts stacked the “old timey” way. They were threshing the stacks at the show. Didn’t get a pic but they were also demonstrating a hay press baling the peanut tops. The hay was pretty and green.

Nice Super AV. Heart skipped a beat when I saw the big steering wheel, thinking it might be a Super AV-1, but someone added that later.

Me and “Old Ugly,” the Super A I bought from Billy Clay, turning two furrows…..

Probably the “star” of the event. I think it’s an ’80 model IH 3588 2+2. This tractor is owned by Mr. Bill Jennings, plowman extraordinaire! He was pulling 8 bottoms plowing deep enough you could turn a Cub over if you dropped a wheel in the furrow. Notice the seagulls in the background. They were THICK in the field, eating goodies the plows were turning up.

There were lots of other colors but seemed like the IH's were the only ones getting dirty....

Al
White Demo Super A Restoration Updates

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.
Celebrating 75 years of the Super A: 1947-2022

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bob McCarty
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 80501
Tractors Owned: Cubs, MH Pony, Shaw, Allis G, 1934 Silver King, JD LA and LI, Gibson D, David Bradley Tri-Trac

Re: Cub Pics

Postby Bob McCarty » Sun Jan 15, 2012 11:31 pm

Al, Nice pictures. What was the tractor hitched to the spreader?

Thanks, Bob
"We don't need to think more,
we need to think differently."
-Albert Einstein

Goraidh (Jeff)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 04236
Tractors Owned: '49 Cub "Jessie"
'64 Cub "Alex"

Postby Goraidh (Jeff) » Mon Jan 16, 2012 12:36 am

Thanks for the pictures, Al. I went to college down there in Greenville and always like to revisit the old haunts when I can. Take care.
'49 Cub (#77786) "Jessie"
"64 Farmall Cub (#224657) "Alex"
Woods 42C-6
C-3 mower
Cub 54 Blade
193 Moldboard plow
Cub L-38 disc harrow
Cub-144 Cultivator
Cordwood Saw

'Country' Elliott
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 37774
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick-Deering Farmall Cub
152 Disc Plow & Flat Belt Pulley
Brinly #8 Moldboard Plow
1971 JD 112 Garden Tractor
1928 Economy Hit & Miss Engine
1927 David Bradley "Little Wonder" Feed Grinder
1 A.H. Patch Corn Shellers
1 A.H. Patch #1 Grist Mill

Postby 'Country' Elliott » Mon Jan 16, 2012 7:34 am

Hey Al...GREAT pics :wink: ...THANKS VERY MUCH for posting these. Looks like you an "Old Ugly" had FUN & nice straight furrows too :D ...'Country'
"Save The Possums...Collect The Whole Set"
"Tennessee Sun-Dried Possum...Heaven In A Can"

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years
Tractors Owned: Collector of Super As, Corn Pickers, and a buncha other junk. Even a Cub now and then...

Postby Super A » Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:45 am

Bob McCarty wrote:Al, Nice pictures. What was the tractor hitched to the spreader?

Thanks, Bob

It was a Centaur. I didn't catch the model.

The Super A and plow did well. I think the plow needs new shares, seemed like I could never get the rear bottom to go in the ground like the front would. I did work the tractor pretty good and blew out the cobwebs..... :mrgreen:

Al

Let us pray for farmers and all who prepare the soil for planting, that the seeds they sow may lead to a bountiful harvest.

Brendan In NC
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 27858
Tractors Owned: 1964 Farmall Cub Red Square Nose # 223883 one of 2300 built before they switch to Yellow and White.

1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Just a Clean Strong run of the mill Farmall 140 with very little Wear.

Also have a bit of equipment
Woods C-42 Belly mower, 1963 IH McCormick #215 Plow, IH #144 Cultivators, IH Side Dresser (in need of some work non working at the moment)

Postby Brendan In NC » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:10 am

i enjoyed that show plowday i fell in love whit the ole john deere LA whit the sickle mower that was there. bills 79 3588 is a nice tractor he should use a 3 bottom at all the other club plowdays so we can have some field left to plow up HAHA your ole super A look good dose it still have the IH muffler on it i did not look over good to see if there was IH part number or not sounded good tho nice an smooth the feller who owned the oilver 88 whit the three plows shoud of been plowing would of love to hear the 6 cylinder humming an i wonted the spreader it would look alot better behind a cub or super A whit a blade on the front heading to the cow barn to clean out.....the super AV looked good but i did not like the three point on it nice tractor tho .

great pictures
Tractors are like watermelons..Eat the red and throw away the green!!
Brendan Dixon Greenville NC
1964 Farmall Cub #223883
1964 Farmall 140 #27512
Tractorguy140, YouTube

Bob Perry
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02748
Tractors Owned: :

1949 Farmall Cub / FH

1951 Farmall Cub / IH mower

1964 International Cub Lo-Boy / Woods 59 mower

1967 International Cub / FH

1946 Farmall H

1949 Farmall H

a doodle bug

More than a dozen Cub Cadets running plus a few in the bone-yard

Postby Bob Perry » Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:01 am

Nice pictures. What a difference 700 miles makes. Gonna be a bit before we plow (soil) up here.
REMEMBER: Keep it correct or you may face the

Super A
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Super A » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:07 am

tractorguy140 wrote:i enjoyed that show plowday i fell in love whit the ole john deere LA whit the sickle mower that was there. bills 79 3588 is a nice tractor he should use a 3 bottom at all the other club plowdays so we can have some field left to plow up HAHA your ole super A look good dose it still have the IH muffler on it i did not look over good to see if there was IH part number or not sounded good tho nice an smooth the feller who owned the oilver 88 whit the three plows shoud of been plowing would of love to hear the 6 cylinder humming an i wonted the spreader it would look alot better behind a cub or super A whit a blade on the front heading to the cow barn to clean out.....the super AV looked good but i did not like the three point on it nice tractor tho .

great pictures

YEs it still has the IH muffler. The outlet pipe is about rusted off but the rest of the muffler is still pretty good. It has turned out to be a good tractor so far.

Bobperry where most of the plowing was done, it would normally be iffy to plow this time of year. Usually the ground would be too wet but we didn't get much rain during December/early January.

Al

Stanton
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 64070
Tractors Owned: 1942 Farmall AV, serial #87025
1947 Farmall Circle Cub, serial #2116
1948 Farmall Cub, serial #46066

Postby Stanton » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:56 am

Thanks for posting pictures. That event has to be one of the earliest plow day shows in the country. As long as the weather cooperated, wearing insulated coveralls would be great attire for viewing a tractor show! Sometimes the heat of summer can be too much.

Thanks again!
Stanton
Image Circle of Safety

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”