Re: Cecil's Cubfest

Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:38 am

I look forward to this weekend every year. My only wish is that I could have been there a little longer.

Thanks for another great cubfest!

~ Jim

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:04 am

Despite my best intentions..... a small bout of something kept me from making the Fest. I am some disappointed :cry: to miss the world famous NE Cubfest, always a great group and a load of fun.

Was hoping someone took over the photographer duty??

Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:09 am

Sue and I would like to thank Cecil and Pris for a great weekend too. We got home late last night after our flight was delayed out of Dulles. 35* this morning, fall is definitely in the air. It was great to see old friends again and to offer what little help I could on several projects.

Thanks again, Bob and Sue

Mon Oct 10, 2011 10:05 am

I can't add to what's already been said but....what a great weekend!

but we might have to rename it the through out bearing fest. it seemed every tractor to come in the door was getting a new one!
I believe we've sucessfully moved EVERY tool in Cecil's shop to somewhere that it doesn't belong!

Thanks to Cecil and Pris, and everyone who helped feed us!

Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:25 pm

artc wrote:I can't add to what's already been said but....what a great weekend!

but we might have to rename it the through out bearing fest. it seemed every tractor to come in the door was getting a new one!
I believe we've sucessfully moved EVERY tool in Cecil's shop to somewhere that it doesn't belong!

Art, while cleaning up, we found 2 or 3 tools that were in their right place-unused, or accidently replaced, I'm not sure. Ed Hey Art, did Cecil teach you his "weather dance"? I saw him practicing it, while he was feeding his bee hives, without his gloves!

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:05 am

artc wrote:

It seems like every one of Cecil's fests takes on that character. If I recall, one of the fests was "transmissionfest" wasn't it?

Mike in La Crosse, WI

Wed Oct 12, 2011 11:57 am

Mike it was a busy weekend.
At least (3) carbs got a "tune-up" that I'm aware of, possibly more.
New front seals on (3) engines and rear seals on (2).
(4) TOB.
(2) Clutch/Pressure Plate Assemblies.
(1) Governor replacement.
(2) Oil Changes.
(1) K241 Complete re-assembly and initial startup.
...and lots of donuts!

Peter

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:12 pm

Peter Person wrote:Mike it was a busy weekend.
At least (3) carbs got a "tune-up" that I'm aware of, possibly more.
New front seals on (3) engines and rear seals on (2).
(4) TOB.
(2) Clutch/Pressure Plate Assemblies.
(1) Governor replacement.
(2) Oil Changes.
(1) K241 Complete re-assembly and initial startup.
...and lots of donuts!
....and a partridge in a pear tree a goose in a cornfield..... :lol:

I was considering uploading the video of a Power Unit being loaded on a trailer, but it is 5 minutes long...
And it might not be rated PG. :roll:

Wed Oct 12, 2011 12:21 pm

was considering uploading the video of a Power Unit being loaded on a trailer, but it is 5 minutes long...
And it might not be rated PG.

LOL

Wed Oct 12, 2011 6:40 pm

I would like to thank Cecil and Pris for their great hospitality, the great food, and for hosting a great Cubfest again this past weekend, And would thank Cecil again for helping me change out my governor and how to time my magneto, man what a difference, if it had wings maybe it would fly. Thanks again for a great weekend. :applause: :applause:

Bruce T.