This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

Lets start a mini CubFest in Oklahoma

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.
Circle of Safety: Y

Lets start a mini CubFest in Oklahoma

Postby leerenovations » Fri Sep 16, 2011 11:23 pm

Just wondering if there are any other Cub enthusiasts in Oklahoma that would be keen on starting at least a mini CubFest in Oklahoma maybe around OKC or Tulsa. I would also like to see a few more Cubs being shown at the state fair in the classic tractor displays.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113

Re: Lets start a mini CubFest in Oklahoma

Postby Bigdog » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:52 am

Keep pushing for this, You will not regret it. Even if you start small it will grow.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Yogie
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 25271
eBay ID: yogiefisher
Tractors Owned: 37 John Deere A
63 Farmall Cub
53 Farmall Cub
56 Farmall Cub
IH 140
Massey 165 & 250

Postby Yogie » Sat Sep 17, 2011 10:43 pm

Where's that Bill E Bob feller at ? :wink:
Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote.
Ben Franklin

tomcat
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 71836
Tractors Owned: 49 cub buttercup

Postby tomcat » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:39 am

i live in arkansas but ok. is just across the road. i am all for one. tomcat

Arthur Luke
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 74022
Tractors Owned: 8 F Cubs, 7 Lo-Boys, 2 # LoBoys, 1 CC, 1 H, 1 other

Postby Arthur Luke » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:28 am

You just missed a good one at tomcat's, but I am all for an Oklahoma one. Get one started and they will come.
Have a good day, Art Image
Circle of Safety

Bill E Bob
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74070

Postby Bill E Bob » Sun Sep 18, 2011 11:29 am

Yogie wrote:Where's that Bill E Bob feller at ? :wink:

Having his own Cubfest (see other post) :evil: Yes, I'm good for an Okie Fest (provided my work schedule allows)

randallc
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 72940
Tractors Owned: 1951 Farmall Cub, 152 disk plow, 2 gang disk, belly mower, sickle mower
1949 Farmall Cub, cultivator, moldboard plow, disk,front blade. Cub Cadet, LTX1045 Mower. Cub Cadet's 109, 125, 1000, and 1250
1961 cub c2 belly mower and full blade. 48 cub manual lift with cultivators.
1947 Cub

Postby randallc » Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:56 pm

Sounds like more fun to me.
Go for it. But maybe not the weekend before cub-arama!
Guinea, 1951 Farmall Cub; Jumping Willy, 1949 Farmall Cub, 61 Cub, Scrapy, and 48 Cub Al, 48 cub, Billy D.

bear10
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64836
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1957 Cub
Yanmar F16d

Postby bear10 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 10:40 pm

One in oklahoma sounds good to me. Tulsa or farther east would be beter for me. I have thought about trying to do one in Southwest missouri but I don't know much about doing one.

jpcubs
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74022
Skype Name: jpcubs
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub

Postby jpcubs » Mon Sep 19, 2011 6:44 am

I agree with bear10 if it is in the north east it could be a four state fest. I am for it no matter where it is. I have only been to 2 cubfests and cubarama. They are a lot more than a tractor show. Its not just who has the prettiest tractor. It is the sharing of knowledge. If I can be of help let me know.

bear10
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64836
Tractors Owned: 1949 Cub
1957 Cub
Yanmar F16d

Postby bear10 » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:53 am

I have only been to Cubarama last year and really rejoyed it, going to it again this weekend. I will help any way I can.

jim turner
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 64784

Postby jim turner » Mon Sep 19, 2011 2:15 pm

After Cubarama I would be interested, I'm in SW Mo but that is just across the road, Tulsa area would be nice.
Jim Turner

Daniel Barbee
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74039
Tractors Owned: :
1952 Farmall Cub
1952 Farmall Cub
1956 Farmall 200
2002 New Holland TC30

Postby Daniel Barbee » Mon Sep 19, 2011 8:31 pm

I'm interested. Who's got a shop?

leerenovations
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 74857
Tractors Owned: 1948 McCormick Farmall Cub (Farmalice), 1949 Ford 8N (Red), Unidentified horse drawn road grader with 8 ft moldboard.

Postby leerenovations » Mon Sep 19, 2011 11:30 pm

It seems around here, people get real excited when you talk about Farmalls. Then when you mention a Cub, they act like youre driving a Moped at Sturgis. People really need to come to terms with how great of a little tractor this is. Plus, I have an M but it sits a lot and my Cub dosent. A day isnt a day without a little Cub seattime.
Tractors are like watermelons: the RED is good and you throw away the GREEN.

Rudi
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: E1A7J3
Skype Name: R.H. "Rudi" Saueracker, SSM
Tractors Owned: 1947 Cub "Granny"
1948 Cub "Ellie-Mae"
1968 Cub Lo-Boy
Dad's Putt-Putt
IH 129 CC
McCormick 100 Manure Spreader
McCormick 100-H Manure Spreader
Post Hole Digger
M-H #1 Potato Digger
Twitter ID: Rudi Saueracker, SSM

Postby Rudi » Tue Sep 20, 2011 7:41 am

bear, jpcubs, lee:

As any of us who have hosted a CubFest know, if you host it they will come. You may be surprised at who will show up. Once it is decided and up on the calendar forum folks in the region of the fest will show .. and you may be surprised at who may show up from your local area as well. I know I was quite surprised and got to meet a lot of unknown, lurker cub owner's who found out about the Fest via the tractor underground. My basic fear was no one would show up since it wasn't in Ohio .. but George, BD, Albie and others continued to convince me not to worry and just go with it. Albie told me that if even one person showed up then the fest would be a success. And yes, he was correct in that assessment. To my surprise and great relief, we had many more than one. Kind of funny cause I was looking at some old pics of CubFest Northeast 2004 and I was really surprised to see who was there. We had folks from near and far.

bear10 wrote: I have thought about trying to do one in Southwest missouri but I don't know much about doing one.

It really isn't difficult.

Post a query on the forum about interest for a specific date. Try to keep it away from nearby existing festivities if possible. Then decide what to do.. what you would like/what is possible. Workshops designed for a specific project are not necessary... simply just have a couple Cubs to work on etc. When I did my first CubFest we had specific workshops which were great, we had demonstrations which were fun but the best part for me was simply mingling and watching how the visitors enjoyed the weekend. Mind you as co-host there was very little time to mingle .. but managed a bit.

The first CubFest I went to was Cecil's CubFest Northeast 2006 and it was a blast. Cecil and Pris do things up as only they can. They had workshops going on all the time (scheduled and non-scheduled), demonstrations and simply time to play on Cubs. Meal times were wonderful and are one of the highlights of any of Cecil's fests.

A mini-fest or a full blown weekend fest is entirely your choice. Mini-fests may be easier to put on depending on your time/labour constraints and of course the better half :D Having on site meals is not a requirement, simply something that many of us choose to do. My 1st fest we basically contracted dinner out to the local church group and incorporated a tractor ride to get to dinner. For our 2nd fest, my bride Em and our girls took on that chore (well me too :D ) and had help from the ladies attending. It really turns into a family/friends affair and many of us now consider our friends more family than anything else :{_}: If you are close to restaurants, a meal break may be all that is needed, or even ordering in pizza would work. There are as many solutions as there are cubfests and hosts so do what you feel most comfortable with. The biggest part of a fest and the most important part is the people - meeting new cubbers and renewing older acquaintances and simply sharing quality time :!:

Big Dog has posted this thread : What is a CubFest????. That in a nutshell is what they are all about and actually a good concept to keep in mind when deciding to host one. Remember that hosting practices vary from Fest to Fest and are very individual - usually like their hosts and each one has it's own flavour.
Confusion breeds Discussion which breeds Knowledge which breeds Confidence which breeds Friendship

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Wed Sep 28, 2011 10:48 pm

Bringing this back up. I'd like to see a cubfest in OK. I probably would have gone to the recent one in AR except that weekend just didn't work for me.

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”