Re: STONETHROW VI

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:25 pm

Rick, when Gary and I tried to start it, it sounded like the starter needs rebuilt. A minor tune up may be all that is needed also.

Re: STONETHROW VI

Thu Sep 22, 2011 6:26 pm

Ron Bev and I won't make it this year. Behind cleaning up after the HURRICANE. It took a while to dry out the ceiling of the dining room enough. That with getting the country place in order. i will have to replace some sheet rock. A small bit of replacement takes just as long to dry between coats as a whole room. Then getting the paint texture not to look like a patch can be a bear.

Re: STONETHROW VI

Thu Sep 22, 2011 7:01 pm

beaconlight wrote:Ron Bev and I won't make it this year. Behind cleaning up after the HURRICANE. It took a while to dry out the ceiling of the dining room enough. That with getting the country place in order. i will have to replace some sheet rock. A small bit of replacement takes just as long to dry between coats as a whole room. Then getting the paint texture not to look like a patch can be a bear.


you will definately be missed!!

Re: STONETHROW VI

Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:18 pm

No problem Rick be glad to have it visit Stonethrow !!!

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 3:12 pm

Rick Spivey wrote:Ron,

I'd like to take a quick look at Al's (SuperA) new tractor, to see if we can't get it to start and run more reliably. Then we won't have to push it on and off the trailer! (I am helping in a Cub Express to get it to him)


I would be really appreciative if the group wanted to tune my "new" tractor.....if you have to buy any tuneup parts let me know who to send the check to.... :D

I would love to come to Stonethrow but can't get it to work out this year. Maybe 2012....

Al

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 7:47 pm

We're gonna hold you to that Al !!!

You never know what we may fix on your tractor!

Ron

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:09 pm

Rick Spivey wrote:Ron,

I'd like to take a quick look at Al's (SuperA) new tractor, to see if we can't get it to start and run more reliably. Then we won't have to push it on and off the trailer! (I am helping in a Cub Express to get it to him)


Barnyard wrote:Rick, when Gary and I tried to start it, it sounded like the starter needs rebuilt. A minor tune up may be all that is needed also.


Super A wrote:I would be really appreciative if the group wanted to tune my "new" tractor.....if you have to buy any tuneup parts let me know who to send the check to.... :D

Al


When I picked up the Cub, to start the Cub Express, we towed it ~10 feet and it started right up. The PO drove it up on the trailer with no problem. So, the starting problem should be fairly easy to solve. If all else fails, a short tow and you will be in business. :)

Bill

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:14 pm

phildidit wrote:
beaconlight wrote:Ron Bev and I won't make it this year. Behind cleaning up after the HURRICANE. It took a while to dry out the ceiling of the dining room enough. That with getting the country place in order. i will have to replace some sheet rock. A small bit of replacement takes just as long to dry between coats as a whole room. Then getting the paint texture not to look like a patch can be a bear.


you will definately be missed!!


Baconlight, we will miss you as well.

John

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:23 pm

Bill Hudson wrote:the starting problem should be fairly easy to solve. If all else fails, a short tow and you will be in business.

I don't think it will take much to get it going good. When we loaded it saturday evening everyone had already left and it was getting near dark so Steve, Gary and I pulled it to get it to go. I have to go back to Indianapolis in the morning to get it so I might know more when I get home with it tomorrow night.

Re: STONETHROW VI

Fri Sep 23, 2011 8:28 pm

Hey, I just hit 300 posts. Two more years of this and I will be in the 500 club.

As far as projects go, I will not be bringing my usual old Cub to Stonethrow. It is still running fine as far as I can tell and I often see it driving by the house. Sam has pretty much taken over that tractor.

I will be bringing two other Cubs that I've picked up in the last year; a '59 and a '60. I need some of the experts to look over both tractors and see if we can identify which one is in the best mechanical condition. Then my wintertime project will be to combine the best cosmetic parts with the best mechanical tractor - then sell the other one as a project or give it to one of the boys.

Regardless, the '60 will need a hydraulic repair of some sort. Hopefully the parts I ordered from TM will fix that.

Looking forward to the event. Sam and I are planning to roll in Thursday evening. Still trying to convince John Mark to come. He doesn't think there will be anyone there to discuss with him the latest airsoft gun or Apple product that he researches vigorously on the internet.

John