This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest 2007 - with Photos

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
TOOLMAN
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 90210

Postby TOOLMAN » Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:54 pm

You Forgot Corker LOL
We all make mistake thats the fun part
3969 Members

1954 Cub quick hitch /Plow
1947 Ford 2N
1948 Green Machine Model M (i know)
Knowledge Is Power
and Power is Knowledge
"The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of the low price is forgotten."

SPONSOR AD

Sponsor

Sponsor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:03 pm

Dave, you wouldn't know that unless the cork was in the original condition. Don't feel bad about it all!

For the parts you need I would highly recommend Tom at TM, very competitive prices and super delivery. Only a couple of things you can't get from them is paint and Hy Tran (hydraulic oil).

http://www.tmtractor.com/new/en/en_001Anewparts.htm

There are a couple of Tractor Supply's in CT now.... That would be a good bet for the battery.

Larry
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:46 pm

It's funny, they look like bolts which someone hit with a hammer with a checkered pattern in the head. I could have sworn they were bolts which as soon as they were torched off, were hit.
Cool stuff!

Bigdog
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 43113
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Bigdog » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:30 am

Dave, if you've remove those corks you might want to put them back in. They were placed there in the factory to keep the bolt holes clean and free of contamination so that when implements were mounted the first time the threads would be clean. It is amazing how many of them are still in place.
Bigdog
If you can't fix it with a hammer, you've got an electrical problem.

My wife says I don't listen to her. - - - - - - - - Or something like that!

http://www.cubtug.com

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:31 am

They keep the mud daubers out. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Buzzard Wing
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 02840

Postby Buzzard Wing » Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:37 am

Yep.... even the 50 had some of the little ends in those holes that I found when chasing the holes with a tap..... by the way they all seem to be THROUGH holes so best to keep something in there.
1971 Cub (Rufus) 1950 Cub (Cathy) 1965 Lo Boy Fast Hitch (Nameless III) 1970 Cub 1000 Loader & Fast Hitch (Lee)

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076

Postby Peter Person » Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:51 pm

Did a quick search for Connecticut Cub owners and several from neighboring states. We should have a great turnout. 8)
I did notice that it's been awhile since some of you have posted. Hope all is well and you're still enjoying your Cubs.

Don, are you thinking about making the trip up from MD?

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

John(videodoc)
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 61944
Tractors Owned: -
55 F-Cub - snow plow and chains
3 Demonstrators Restored.
"Bette" - 22 mower
"Roxie" - 144 Complete Cults'
"Sandy"(Done) 193 Plow
1950 Demo, "Billie"
-(Woods 59")
Corn Stalk Cutter
23a Disc
&
2005 Mahindra w/FEL

Postby John(videodoc) » Tue Mar 06, 2007 3:14 pm

Bigdog wrote:It is amazing how many of them are still in place.

"Bette's" are still in there, 57 years later. Even have a fresh coat of white paint on em' :D But they will have to come off when we mount up the mower though. :(

George Willer
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 43420

Postby George Willer » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:04 pm

videodoc wrote:
Bigdog wrote:It is amazing how many of them are still in place.

"Bette's" are still in there, 57 years later. Even have a fresh coat of white paint on em' :D But they will have to come off when we mount up the mower though. :(

Here's a trick to close the holes... a gasket punch and a piece of carpet pad. That will keep the critters out. For a more realistic look use the punch on a piece of sheet cork to make covers for the foam.

I try to keep a supply of the plugs handy to plug holes when painting to protect the freshly cleaned threads.

Some of the corks you may see here are not oriiginal. :shock:
George Willer
http://gwill.net

The most affectionate creature in the world is a wet dog. Ambrose Bierce

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Tue Mar 06, 2007 5:14 pm

Peter,

Yup. I'm working on a "plan" that would allow me to attend at least Saturday. :D
Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor

Jim Becker
Team Cub
Team Cub
Zip Code: 55319

Postby Jim Becker » Tue Mar 06, 2007 7:53 pm

George Willer wrote:Here's a trick to close the holes... a gasket punch and a piece of carpet pad. That will keep the critters out. For a more realistic look use the punch on a piece of sheet cork to make covers for the foam.

I try to keep a supply of the plugs handy to plug holes when painting to protect the freshly cleaned threads.

Some of the corks you may see here are not oriiginal. :shock:

You can also buy new corks. They are standard number 4 cork stoppers. If you need the ones for the 4 holes where the Touch-Control bolts on, they are number 2. McMaster-Carr sells a bag of 100 of them for less than $10. That is enough to do about 5 tractors. I think I have seen them in Home Depot too.

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:38 pm

8 Weeks to go.

Now that the 'cork' issue has been solved on all our Cubs :lol: we can get back to ConnectiCubFest. 8)

CTdave's 59 Cub is going to be a teaching tool for all kinds of things. Cecil and Dave (along with the rest of us) are going to run through a Cub from stem-to-stern so we all learn the "how to's" of Cub ownership. At the same time Dave will get his Cub up and running. :-:-):

Zagray Farms Cub Power Unit will be the 2nd scheduled project for the weekend. BlackJeep (John) is working with artc (Art Chester) to get together most if not all the parts necessary to get it up and running. BigBill is making an engine stand to get the Power Unit up off the ground.

I will be bringing a fully functional "Rudi Electrolysis Tank" to run through the weekend.

There can be other projects and/or workshops throughout the weekend as guys/gals want.
We do want to leave time though for plowing, mowing, digging, and the parade.

Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
I'm hoping to post specific information as to how we (Farmall Cub.com members) will interact with QVEA throughout the 3 days we will be there.

If I've forgotten something or assumed incorrectly on some item, please let me know.
Thanks for all the help.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:22 pm

Peter
I am planning on leaving the show around 4 or 5 on Saturday. Saturday is my wife’s birthday so I have a limited pass. :evil: :evil: :evil:
So I won't be able to be there for the evening meal. Could you give me another job? I would be happy to server breakfast or lunch if you would like or something else. Not sure if I will be there on Friday or not, but will be there early Saturday until late afternoon at least.
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Thu Mar 08, 2007 8:50 pm

OK Guys,
You read spaceghost's post so we need a volunteer to take over executing the Saturday "Community Dinner".
Spaceghost, glad to know that you can still be there for some of the fun.
Thanks,
Peter

Circle of Safety

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:09 pm

Peter Person wrote:OK Guys,
You read spaceghost's post so we need a volunteer to take over executing the Saturday "Community Dinner".
Spaceghost, glad to know that you can still be there for some of the fun.
Thanks,
Peter

Peter
Exactly what would be involved with executing the community dinner? Is this a cook out or a restaurant deal?

Return to “CubFest and Tractor Show Announcements & Discussions”