This site uses cookies to maintain login information on FarmallCub.Com. Click the X in the banner upper right corner to close this notice. For more information on our privacy policy, visit this link:
Privacy Policy

NEW REGISTERED MEMBERS: Be sure to check your SPAM/JUNK folders for the activation email.

ConnectiCubFest 2007 - with Photos

The new home for CubFest and Tractor show Announcements & Discussions.
Forum rules
ALL CubFest discussion posted in other forums will be moved to this forum without advance notice.

IMPORTANT NOTE: CubFest organizers -- Notify a TeamCub member or the ADMIN (Dennis) to "Sticky" your event announcement in this forum.
Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro
Zip Code: 06076
Circle of Safety: Y

Postby Peter Person » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:14 pm

Dave,
I was hoping for a cookout at the farm.
That way there isn't a mad rush away from the fun stuff and once dinner is over and everything cleaned up we can hang out and just talk Cubs, Cubs, Cubs, Red Sox, Cubs, and more Cubs.
Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 06870

Postby CTdave » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:46 pm

Sounds good. I just don't want to talk about those sox of yours. "Red" something or other. Those Sox stink & It just turns my stomach :lol:
Ok, what should I bring? I have a couple of big coolers. what should I pack them full with? Pure adult beverages or food :lol: Seriously though, what do you want on the menu and for how many people? Will there be grilling facilities there or should I rent a big grille & put it on the trailer? I'd gladly give up the name tag responsibility & take care of the food.

Stick
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stick » Thu Mar 08, 2007 10:23 pm

I got Breakfast. Want to do it together?
Stick-Tastic

1950 "Demostrator" White (Casper)
1955 Cub High Crop
1965 Allis Chalmers Big Ten's
1941 JD H
35 JD Unstyled A (Open Fan Shaft)
1949 JD A
1949 JD BN
1936 JD B
2- 1937 BN
1937 JD B
1932 JD GP
2-1941 CASE VC

spaceghost
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 02346
Tractors Owned: 1959 Cub lo-boy
1950 super A

Postby spaceghost » Fri Mar 09, 2007 12:29 pm

Stick
I Will help you with Breakfast
Bacon makes everything better.
1959 LO-Boy 1950 Super A

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:04 pm

Peter Person wrote:Is the hood for the power unit the same as for a Cub tractor only without the gas tank portion?
If so, Dave-on your '59 were you doing a whole new hood or cutting off the tank and replacing it, salvaging the front half?
You know where I'm going with this, right?
Peter

Peter
I have a complete replacement for my rotted tank/hood. I was going to see if someone needed the hood here or on ebay but I'd be happy to donate it to Zagray. It does not have the hole for the exhaust (underslung) and aside of the tank being TOTALLY rotted, the hood is in very good shape. Let me know

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Fri Mar 09, 2007 4:12 pm

Wow! TM tractor parts did a great job! I just placed an order yesterday around noon & it just showed up via fedex ground!

2 front tires
head gasket
carb kit
ign. switch

I also will have:
fuel line
fuel bowl
tank/hood
battery box
battery
tool box
toos
air compressor

I guess I should also have motor oil & gear oil. Anything else I'm missing?

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:03 pm

CTdave wrote:Sounds good. I just don't want to talk about those sox of yours. "Red" something or other. Those Sox stink & It just turns my stomach :lol:
Ok, what should I bring? I have a couple of big coolers. what should I pack them full with? Pure adult beverages or food :lol: Seriously though, what do you want on the menu and for how many people? Will there be grilling facilities there or should I rent a big grille & put it on the trailer? I'd gladly give up the name tag responsibility & take care of the food.

OK Dave, you have the Saturday ConnectiCubFest Cookout. 8)
I'll get the name tag, meal sign-up, & other similar particulars taken care of.

Stick & Spaceghost - you have Saturday Breakfast.

Big Coolers - Excellent, think Family Picnic for beverages. I would think that we may have limitations on alcoholic beverages. Art Chester, could you way in on this?
Menu - Burgers, Dogs, Salads, Chips, Baked Beans, etc.
Grill(s) - Don't know what's available at the Farm, I would think we could get a couple of local members to bring a grill if necessary.
Get some help, because you will be involved with Cecil on your '59 and whoever else is looking to learn/help with that project.
NUMBERS for Breakfast & Dinner: Two weeks before I will put a separate thread up on the forum asking for commitments from everyone so you, Stick, & Spaceghost can plan accordingly.

BTW - The hood for the Cub Power Unit is different than for a Cub.

Peter
1957 Farmall Cub "Emory", Fast-Hitch, L-F194 Plow & Colter, L-38 Disc Harrow, Cub-54A Blade, Cub-22 Sickle Bar Mower, IH 100 Blade

Circle of Safety

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Mon Mar 12, 2007 4:43 pm

Ok Peter. Let me know about the grilles and food menu (how much). I might be able to get my hands on a 3'x6' grille & all I'd need to pick up is a few bags of charcoal & lighter fluid.
I will be away from March 20th -26th. Ok I have to rub it in, St Maarten plus a day on Anguilla to see the Jimmy Buffet concert for only 3000 people :D

Stick
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby Stick » Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:58 pm

Not a problem. :)
Stick-Tastic

1950 "Demostrator" White (Casper)
1955 Cub High Crop
1965 Allis Chalmers Big Ten's
1941 JD H
35 JD Unstyled A (Open Fan Shaft)
1949 JD A
1949 JD BN
1936 JD B
2- 1937 BN
1937 JD B
1932 JD GP
2-1941 CASE VC

CTdave
10+ Years
10+ Years

Postby CTdave » Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:43 pm

Cecil & Peter
Just to keep you updated: I cleaned everything up & got the head back on. The battery is hooked up & shazam! It turns over!

Cecil
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 13830
eBay ID: adak8965

Postby Cecil » Wed Mar 14, 2007 2:44 pm

I like it. :D

Peter Person
Cub Pro
Cub Pro

Postby Peter Person » Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:02 pm

7 Weeks to go.

CTdave's 59 Cub is going to be a teaching tool for all kinds of things, that is if he leaves it alone. Cecil and Dave (along with the rest of us) are going to run through a Cub from stem-to-stern so we all learn the "how to's" of Cub ownership. At the same time Dave will get his Cub up and running.

Zagray Farms Cub Power Unit will be the 2nd scheduled project for the weekend. BlackJeep (John) is working with artc (Art Chester) to get together most if not all the parts necessary to get it up and running. BigBill is making an engine stand to get the Power Unit up off the ground.
John & Bill - Are you making progress?

I will be bringing a fully functional "Rudi Electrolysis Tank" to run through the weekend.

There can be other projects and/or workshops throughout the weekend as guys/gals want.
We do want to leave time though for plowing, mowing, digging, and the parade.

CTDave has the Saturday ConnectiCubFest Cookout.
I'll get the name tag, meal sign-up, & other similar particulars taken care of.

Stick & Spaceghost have Saturday Breakfast.

NUMBERS for Breakfast & Dinner: Two weeks before I will put a separate thread up on the forum asking for commitments from everyone so Dave, Stick, & Spaceghost can plan accordingly.

Stay tuned for more information as it becomes available.
I'm hoping to post specific information as to how we (Farmall Cub.com members) will interact with QVEA throughout the 3 days we will be there.

If I've forgotten something or assumed incorrectly on some item, please let me know.
Thanks for all the help.
Peter

Circle of Safety

BigBill
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 00000

Postby BigBill » Sun Mar 18, 2007 1:45 pm

I hope me and kit can get up there soon if the weather holds out so we can measure the engine for the frame. How do you plan on picking it up to put on the stand? Do we need a engine hoist?

I need some info on the stand too;

1. Do they plan on running a PTO belt drive off of this?

If they do I need to fab some out riggers so the frame is rock solid and it can't tip at all.

2. Is this for a rear mounted generator?

If it is I need to extend the side rails of the frame past the engine plus keep the center open as much as posible for generator clearance.

3. Do you need a battery mount added on the side of the frame so a battery box can be secured to it?

4. Is there a control panel on this power supply or do we need to fab one?

If there is anything I missed before i look at it and start or if you think of anything you want to add let us know so i can add it before it goes up there to be assembled.
I'm technically misunderstood at times i guess its been this way my whole life so why should it change now.

jostev
10+ Years
10+ Years
Zip Code: 03574
eBay ID: farmallkid48
Skype Name: farmall_kid
Tractors Owned: 41 B
48 H
49 C
50 red demo Cub
51 C
52 Cub
54 Super C
61 and 63 Cub Cadet Originals
78 Cub Cadet 1450
73 154 lo-boy

Postby jostev » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:18 pm

boy, I can hardly wait, hopefully I'll be able to make it down there, only 45 mins from my great Aunts in hampton.... hope to see yall there

Johnny

Don McCombs
Team Cub Mentor
Team Cub Mentor
Zip Code: 21550
Tractors Owned: "1950 Something" Farmall Cub
1957 Farmall Cub w/FH
1977 International Cub w/FH
1978 International Cub
1948 Farmall Super A

Postby Don McCombs » Sun Mar 18, 2007 2:55 pm

Bill,

The answer to your question #4 is in the upper right of this photo.

Don McCombs
MD, Deep Creek Lake

Proud Member of Maryland Chapter 39

The best teachers are those who show you where to look, but don't tell you what to see.
A. K. Trenfor